Mmmm Noodle Soup

So I went to another audition yesterday.
And I'm not one hundred percent, but I'm pretty sure I bombed it.
But I'm totally okay with it because I absolutely love going on auditions regardless,
they just give me such a thrill I can't get enough.
You know who else loves auditions? The girl who was warming up next to me yesterday while we were waiting to get called back.
Let's call her Margaret, because that was her name.
Margaret looked like she had just jumped ship from the Amish furniture farm in Iowa to chase her acting dreams in the big city.
God love her.
As I sat at my table checking Twitter and taking dumb photos like this one,


Margaret stood in the corner with her eyes closed, head focused to the ground,
while she appeared to be fighting the demons taking over her body.
At one point I thought she was literally convulsing, but knew she was okay when she suddenly
switched to vocal warm ups...
Around the rugged rocks the ragged rascal ran.
Big black bug bit a big black bear and the big black bear bled black blood.
 Can I cook a proper cup of coffee in a copper coffee pot.
Margaret knew her shit, her Amish family would be damn proud.
I warmed up by chugging a diet Mountain Dew and browsing Instagram.

I'm really trying to go on more auditions because like I said, they excite the hell out of me,
and because they're really great practice.
Especially when it comes to the improv part which is pantshittingly scary
for me because they just give you a location, like for instance "the beach" is what I got yesterday,
and then my partner and I had to immediately come up with a scene that demonstrates
why we know each other, who we are to each other, and why this day is unlike any other.
All in about a minute or two.
My partner wasn't particularly keen on speaking with me, or agreeing with me,
so I did my best to pretend I was a creepy stalker who found him on Craigslist and
"accidentally" met him at a beach- think missed connections.
And thus the reason I bombed.

But like I mentioned a few weeks ago, I decided to buck up and get myself some
glamour shots senior pics head shots.
The many faces of me... feeling extremely uncomfortable...
(I'm aware black and white is no longer accepted in "the biz" but they're just so much more flattering I'm posting them anyway.)

I should note however that my discomfort was actually at an all time low, simply because the photographer was so incredibly gracious and welcoming, she had me almost
feeling normal and relaxed after just a few shots. And that's saying quite a bit for me.

I'm talking about Amanda from Organic Baby Images.
Before our shoot, I warned Amanda about my extreme awkwardness when posing for photos,
and how I fear I always come across looking like Stephanie Tanner (from her ugly years.)
She took it all in stride and made sure not to rush me, or to make me take any serious/modelish photos,
that's when my Stephanie Tanner face gets extremely bad.
I honestly think that if I could use Amanda whenever necessary, I could actually pull off
more outfit/seflies without feeling like a complete ass hat, she is that easy to work with.
And she managed to somehow even get some nice photos in the process, not because of me obviously,
but because she is that good.

But babies and maternity are really her specialty, just check out some of these photos-



Of course she also does weddings, and family photos, and everything else in between.
So if you're in Nebraska and in need of a great photographer with incredibly good rates,
I would definitely recommend Amanda at Organic Baby Images.
She's the friendliest person ever, and she's talented.
If you book with her and mention my site she's going to throw in an 8x10 print for FREE.

And that's my two cents for the day.
Tomorrow's Friday, we're almost there!


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter