Taking the Stage ... again.

And last night marked the second performance for the Tuesday night improvers at The Second City.



And just like the first time around, it was all over in the blink of an eye.
For those of you that missed the show, we opened up with a casual little game of
"Sex Is,"
followed by "Onion Peel," "Conducted Gripe," "Opera,"and ended with "Freeze Tag, Pimp Style."
And if you don't understand any of that,
congrats on not being crazy enough to ever take an improv class.
They're seriously as weird as it gets.
So now we have eight more weeks of classes until we "graduate" from levels A-E
 and then shit starts getting real.
In July those of us that want to go on will have to audition for the Conservatory.
And when that time comes head-shots will have to be taken, and acting resumes will have to be made.

I've got a head-shot, but it's a little outdated.

I've also got a fancy black and white one, as well.

And my acting resume reads-
1993- Johnny Appleseed: Appleseed.
1994- 3rd Grade Save the Rainforest play: Juan the tree chopper.
2004- Annie: Lilly the slutty cousin.

As you can see I took a little break from acting between 1994 and 2004,
and then again again between 2004 and now.
I've heard gaps in unemployment often make directors question you as an actor,
so I'll have to explain that during those years I was studying the art of
basketball, track, soccer and picking scabs.

Anyway... as of now I'm thinking I'd like to go ahead and audition when the time presents itself.
At this point, I figure why the hell not.
Like I've always said from the beginning, I plan on doing this until it stops being fun.
And I'm competitive enough that maybe getting rejected from an audition is just what it will take
for me to stop having fun...
Then again, I've heard rumors that many of the greats didn't make conservatory their first time around.
Or perhaps that's just a lie that losers tell themselves.


*Big thanks to our teacher for being such a stellar photographer!

And on that note, I need to get my Monday started.
I've got big things happening this week.
Stay tuned, it's about to get even weirder around here.



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter