The Blitzy

So about that Blogger Blitzy yesterday...
It was pretty much exactly what you'd expect a "blogger conference" to be-
all girls. drinking. fashion talk. eating. boob job talk. and photo opps.
And everybody was incredibly nice.
The venue was the rooftop at the Market Bar in the West Loop.


So right away that was pretty great.
And the host, Allison, did a wonderful job of making cute little name tags,
and goody bags, and making sure everyone was mingling and having a good time.
I think she was probably the social chair in her sorority,
because this definitely wasn't her first rodeo.

I feel like you can tell I have the "hung over hunch" going on a little bit in this photo.
I tried so hard to stand up straight, but every nerve in my body
was saying "screw you, we want grease."
Bloody Mary's weren't served on the rooftop, so I had to walk the 68 flights of stairs down to get one.
But yesterday I would have walked to Abu Dhabi to get a Bloody.

As you can see, all of the girls were super cute,
I was the only one who appeared to be the disheveled mess.
Which might have been why I was the only one chugging a bloody
like it was saving my life... But it pretty much was.
It was a bit embarrassing when they started commenting on the amount of
extras that were in my drink:
a strip of bacon, cheese, pepperoni, pickle, celery, olive, chicken strip, ext
and then I had to shamefully admit it was indeed a
"make your own Bloody Mary" bar so I had mindfully added all of the extras.
Although I'm starting to wonder if I accidentally crossed over to the
breakfast buffet bar...
At the time I just figured this place was really going about and beyond your normal Bloody Bar
what with the hash browns and smoke salmon offered, as well.


When it came time for everyone to introduce
themselves and their blog, my
"I'm uncomfortable with this and want to make an awkward joke to make up for it"
instincts kicked in pretty bad.
No Sandusky or Casey Anthony jokes, I had warned myself before speaking.
This wasn't the crew.
So instead I went with,
"Hi I'm Taylor, I write at the The Daily Tay
where I pretty much just like to joke and make fun of stuff-"
And boom, I should have stopped right there. But no, I hadn't offended anyone yet.
So instead I added,
"So I will probably be making fun of this tomorrow for sure."
Nice.
And twenty sweet faced blogger girls looked at me like I was the devil.
"who the hell is this haggard girl breathing fire, scooping food from her drink
with her fingers, to make fun of us?"
is what they all wondered. I could just tell.
But I was KIDDING! I was sooo kidding.
Obviously it was a great event, I would never make fun of it!
I rarely get the chance to have drinks with a bunch of fun girls on a Sunday morning,
I was enjoying myself!
And this is reason #48 why people often get the wrong first impression of me.
And rightfully so.
Not everybody understands, or even likes sarcasm.
When will I ever learn...

This girl gets sarcasm, check out Chris at Chubbette Adventures for some good laughs.

And that was my first blogger blitz.
Perhaps I shouldn't have taken the term "blitz" so literal,
because I was the only one who showed up a bit blitzed...
Live and learn.




Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter