Serendipitous Whimsicality


Introducing Ellie from Serendipitous Whimsicality.
She's a high school junior going on college visits to places like Harvard, Yale, and Columbia.
So basically she's a girl just about to take over the world.
When you're done reading about her here, head on over to her page and say hello.



1. Your blog is called S
erendipitous Whimsicality, tell us why you chose this name.

The words "serendipity" and "whimsical" are two of my favorite words (yes, I have favorite words. I'm a nerd like that.) I love the concept of serendipity: fate bringing people together, an opportunity arising at just the right time, or even happening to come across the perfect pair of shoes unexpectedly. I also am entranced by the idea of whimsicalities: the unexpected and unpredictable that make life interesting. So to combine the two concepts - serendipity and whimsicalities - exemplified what I wanted in my blog: a place to record the unexpected and wonderful events in life. 


2. What was it that made you decide to start blogging in the first place?

Serendipitous Whimsicality was born on a whim (pun intended) on this past New Years Eve. My best friend Fatima and I were getting ready to go out and somehow the concept of blogging came up. We decided to start one together that very evening! In it's short life, our blog has evolved from posts like this one that are about the time we spend together to the majority of posts being specific to one of us like this one These seem to be mostly about me...probably because once I find a new passion, I'm obsessed. Ever since I discovered the blogging world, I have fallen head over in heels in love with it. What's not to love? 

3. College is just around the corner for you, what are you most looking forward to about this?

Ahh college. The cause of eternal stress while in high school. Well I have a super cliche response to that question that goes something like, "I'm excited about the new independence and the chance to start over and have a new experience outside the world I grew up in." Blah. Boring. But I do have a more personal response that goes something like, "I cannot WAIT to get the chance to explore new subjects in classes that I didn't even know existed. I'm looking forward to creating my own identity as a person and not just as the Ellie that I have grown up being. I want to discover what other worlds are out there and attempt to figure out who the person I want to become is." I know I have high expectations, but I'm excited nonetheless!! :) 

4. What are you most nervous for regarding life after high school?

Everything. Living away from my family. Having to schedule my own life by myself. Being completely accountable for my decisions. Having to at least attempt to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life (I have NO idea right now. NONE.). I'm scared. Let's be honest: if I wasn't scared, there would be something wrong with me. But out of that fear comes extreme excitement. It will be a new adventure that I'm trying my best to prepare myself for in the next year and four months (eeek.).

5- Where do you see yourself in five years?

Good question. I have no idea. Hopefully about ready to graduate from college. Probably getting ready to go to graduate school of some sort. I hope that I'll have made friends to last a lifetime and that I won't want to leave college. Hopefully I'll be looking back at the past four years with amazing memories and no regrets. 


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter