The Daily Tay's Best Week Ever

Well my party people, another Friday has graced us with its presence yet again.
Today also happens to be the last Friday in March.
Hello, April!

I haven't got much time for small talk because I'm about to get on a plane back to the Windy City,
so let's just swap business cards and get into it already.
It's time for another edition of
The Daily Tay's Best Week Ever.


First up I've gotta give a shout out to the world's most beloved meme right now
The Marriage Equality Image.



This image is so hot right now, and I hope it stays this way.
I can't help but wonder how any important act got passed pre Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
But I think it's great.
Social media keeps us informed, keeps us on our feet,
and keeps our productivity levels at an all time low.

Switching gears a bit, the next thing on my list having a great week are
Eggs.

And I'm not just talking about Easter eggs.
I'm talking about deviled eggs, and egg salad, and pickled eggs, and every other way eggs are being
used this weekend.
But here's what I've never understood, why is it an "Easter Bunny" who apparently hides the eggs
for kids to find?
Last I checked, bunnies don't lay eggs.
So it seems like kind of a twisted ritual if you ask me.
Then again, I think if it was an Easter Chicken who hid baby bunnies we were supposed to "hunt" we'd all be a little more hesitant to join, don't you think?
"Look Ma! This bunny has a nickel inside!... And a.... bullet?"

Too much?
I thought so too. Let's lighten things up with the mention of the
Chicago Bulls!

Wednesday night, the Bulls ended Miami Heat's twenty seven game winning streak.
Thus causing Lebron's headband to raise half an inch, earlier than predicted.
Every time a bell rings, Lebron's headband get its wings...


Just kidding I love you, Lebrony!
Just kidding, I don't.

Speaking of Lebron, the next people on my list having the best week ever are
Over Protective Mothers.

A school district in New Hampshire just announced they are BANNING dodgeball
because it "encourages bullying and violence."
Good idea, I say!
Let's ban all sports and instead encourage children to get their physical activity
via sweating it out while playing Kill Everyone video games
and getting into cyber wars with each other on social media.
Sounds good to me!
God knows I wasn't the best dodgeball player in the land growing up.
I couldn't throw the ball to save my life, I bruised easily, and I was just overall too jumpy
 to catch anything tossed my way.
But damn it, it taught me cat like reflexes and how to duck when something is thrown at my head.
Dodgeball is hard, but life is harder.
It's a travesty to get rid of this sport if you ask me. Kids are growing up weaker by the day.
Then again I know I'm a bit old school and think kids need to fall down every once awhile
so they can learn to pick themselves back up.

I'm going to wrap it up right here.
Today's post is dedicated to Don Payne,
 one of the main writers and producers on The Simpsons who passed away this week.
The impression this show made on my childhood is unmeasurable.
Early on, my mom tried to pretend like I couldn't watch it,
but she eventually realized it was a fight not worth fighting.
We raise our Duffs in honor of you tonight, Mr. Payne.
D'OH!

Happy weekend, friends. Do something fun and make it a good one.

And follow along as I take photos of the first nice weekend here in Chicago
via Instagram @taylorgracewolfe.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter