One Blogger's Rise to Mediocrity- my first memoir.

So today was kind of an interesting day.
It was basically -45 degrees outside so I couldn't exactly take Harlow out,
and Chris was at a bar all day watching football,
so that left me all the time in the world to do the one thing I promised myself I would do...
write.
If you've ever tried to write a book, you know that it's the most grueling process in the world.
Unless of course you're one of the rare literary greats of our time like Lauren Conrad who once said,
"actually sitting down and writing the book is the most fun part for me."
So true L.C., especially if we all had ghost writers.
I once found myself polishing faucets and washing every wall in my house
in an attempt to avoid writing.
But  when it comes to blogging I could write all day.
It's just something about working on a novel that makes me tense up and go into opossum mode.
So why do I do it you ask? I have no idea.

In an attempt to trick myself today I began writing as if I was just typing out a blog post.
This was just supposed to be a warm up before I switched to working on the real thing.
And then three hours later I had completely abandoned the real thing and was unintentionally
writing my first memoir.

I'm debating on posting an excerpt of chapter one below just to see what the reviews are on it.
Then again it's pretty wordy, so it might be a little much for a blog.

So let me get back to what I was talking about earlier today,
possible Valentines Day gift ideas.
I'm all about buying from independent artists right now.
Thanks to the internet, it's as easy as ever to do.

I love that custom embroidery hoops are making a come back.
When I got mine in the mail from this girl and sent a photo of it to my mom,
she laughed and said how she used make these back in the 80s in her "Bitch and Stitch" group.
And then there's these Not So Dainty Wine Glasses I recently stumbled across and think
are the greatest thing ever.


Coincidentally, the talented girl behind these amazing wine glasses has a little bit to say below.
What good timing.
Meet Chelsea.


hello {DailyTay} readers. I'm chelsea. & I blog over at little [lessons] in a BIG [city].
it all started when I moved to new york city, during a high on life whim, after graduating college. I created "iowa meet NYC," a blog, to update family & friends. but it soon became much more. a place I went to escape, share, & reflect.
[ps: I moved to be closer to my boyfriend of [now] 5 years. he's [J]. & a huge part of my blog ..& life].
we made the decision to move to chicago, less than a year ago. I was going to rename the blog "iowa meet NYC now chicago," but it seemed a bit much. plus we may be slowly becoming traveling nomads. & I don't want to have to add a city to my blog name every time we move. so I became little [lessons] in a BIG [city]. because wherever I am, whatever I'm doing ..I'm learning a whole lot about myself & how to make it through this crazy thing called life.
unfortunately, like {taylor} I'm living the unemployed life, right now. it stinks & has been a blessing, all at the same time. I've been able to focus on me & the things that make me happy. but it's also been a true test of my character.
stop on over - to the blog, facebook, [or my fave] instagram. every day is unexpected & new. but like {taylor}, I prefer to keep it as me as possible; whether it be glamorous [not likely] or street-worthy [usually, yes]. it's real life. come visit, say "hi," I'd love to meet you! really!

And now take a second to meet a teacher/blogger/runner
who somehow manages to do it all quite perfectly.
Daliene.



Hi Everyone,
I'm Daliene from Alamo Adventures
I am an elementary teacher by day, and a blogger, runner, fancy pants volunteer, and Real Housewives addict the rest of the time. I write about my life, things I love, and more or less just try to make my mother laugh. I have a cute furbaby named Sherman and my South African FarmBoy shows up begrudgingly on the blog too. This month I've taken on the Thirty in Thirty project to curb my Target and Loft addiction, and let me tell you, there will be a sweater and pants burning party when these thirty days are up! Can someone PLEASE tell me why I forgot to include leopard print? 
Oh, and taking "selfies" as Taylor like to call them is a real pain in the you know what
SO I hope you stop by and get to know my baby blog a little more! 

Twitter/Facebook

Now hurry on over and check out both of their blogs.
And in case you were wondering I chickened out of posting an excerpt.
Maybe another day.



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter