Tay & Tye Take on Lambeau

I have very few regrets in life. (Thus far.)
But one of my biggest at the moment is that I didn't become a professional football player.
I really missed the boat on that one, I think I could have been quite good in the NFL.
I mean chartered planes, free pink shoes for Breast Cancer month, screaming fans,
this is all right up my alley.
Sadly, I threw away my chance at all of this a long time ago.
See when I was eight years old I was the only girl who went out for flag football.
And it started out so good when our first "drill" at practice was sprints, and I beat all of the boys.
But then at practice number two the field was super muddy and I got my brand new NIKES all dirty
and I remember thinking, oh hells no. And I never went back.... Big mistake.

Because let me tell you about my friend best friend, Zach.
(He's the one on the right.)
He plays for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The person on the left is just some girl he married.
I kid, I kid. Tyeler is actually my dear friend and sorority sister.
She and I studied law together in San Diego one summer.
And by "studied law" I mean we were interns at her uncle's law firm and shared a desk/chair
in the hallway of the office and took turns removing staples while also having water chugging contests.

Little Tay and Tye circa 2007.

However I should note it was a very good opportunity and we are both very thankful her uncle
gave us the chance to get a taste of what working in a law office is like.
And I should also note we both knew immediately we could never really go into a career in law.
Unless it does involve chugging water and eating your sack lunch in the car everyday.

But anyway, back to my bestie, Zach.
I have a feeling he never left practice as an eight year old because his shoes got muddy.
Because now Zach is living out his dream and playing in the NFL.
How many people can say that, that they are actually living out their dream?
I mean we all know my feelings on this subject, I'm definitely going to do it some day.
 Just not sure how yet.

And on Sunday afternoon,  Zach got to do what so many little boys (and aggressive young girls)
 dream about doing.
He went head to head with the Green Bay Packers at iconic Lambeau Field.
I mean Zach got to touch man handle Clay Matthews. What did you do yesterday?

And Tyeler and I went head to head with the Green Bay fans, at Lambeau Field.
(In Jags gear, I might add.)

Yes, I'm aware I look like a black headed Q-tip in beanies, thanks for noticing.
But before entering Lambeau, we tailgated at what might be one of the coolest tailgating
houses I've been to.
It's apparently known as the "Packer House."
(Which note self, never google "packer house" from a work computer. The results aren't what you'd think.)
It's literally right across from the Stadium, and everything in the house is Packer related.

No detail was spared. From the huge "G" on the wall, to the urinals in the garage that face the stadium
so you can look out the window as you relive yourself.
(If you use urinals, I myself, try not to make a habit of it.)
They also have their own roof top with additional seating.

These are our friends we went with, Dave and Dan.
Dave is Zach's dad, and Dan and Dave are old pals.
Did you hear that, old ladies from the bar on Saturday night?
They're our friends, and Tye's father in law.
Alright? So next time spare us the "I can't believe those two young girls are with those older men" bitchy glares.
We're not creeping on your generation, don't worry. And everyone is happily married.
Except me, I'm happily dating Chris.

I will admit, I thought the whole crazy Packer fan outfits you see on TV were a joke.
But I learned real fast, they're not. The GB people dressed like Mardi Gras on cheese crack.
Crazy clothes aside, they were some of the most welcoming fans I've encountered.
And pretty sure that by the end of the game, everybody in our section is now going to cheer on
#88 from the Jags for the rest of Zach's career.
So well done, Lambeau.
Guess the whole "act like a jack ass and you'll lose your season tickets" policy really works.

And that was my first time at Lambeau.
The place where dreams come true and cheese curds are served.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter