Autumn in Chicago

Turns out while I was off in Nebraska this past weekend acting like an idiot,
fall arrived in Chicago.

And I am lovingggg it.
I've always known autumns in New York are amazing (I mean from movies and stuff)
but Chicago isn't half bad, either.
And even though I hate getting up at 6 a.m. to drive to Wisconsin for work once a week,
this is what I get to look at every morning once I get up there:
Street signs.
And pretty colored trees. (I swear my car pics don't do it justice.)
Oh yeah, I also shouldn't forget to mention I pass this every day when I drive up to Wisconsin, as well-
The one and only Mars Cheese Castle.
Gotta love Wisco.

But seriously. How is it already October?
I feel like it was just yesterday I was excited it was finally summer.
Obviously I love this season. But you know what falls is, right?
It's the calm before the storm.
We're on the brink of bad things to come.
I'm talking about winter. 
Mornings of frozen wind shields, below freezing temps, wind whistling outside your window
as you lay cozily in your warm bed begging time to stop for just a few more hours...
You know what else is coming?
W.U.D.
Winter Ugly Disorder.
Mine is already setting in. I noticed it today when I was brushing my hair and the dry brittle pieces were breaking off in chunks.
And my tans lines? They're gone. Officially.

So this is how Harlow and I decided to savor this beautiful fall afternoon today.
At Dairy Queen.

On that note- congrats to Morgan Graves for winning the free shirt from
Peace of Me!


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter