Oh the Weather Outside is Weather

Man, is it hot out there or is it just me?
This weather makes me want to live off a five years old's diet
of Bom Pops and Ice Pops.

I'm convinced that the person who can figure out how to put
these popsicles in a plastic wrap that won't cut the corners of your mouth will be a billionaire.


And then they should head over to the Salt and Vinegar chip factory
and work their magic there, as well.

One of the good things about summers in Chicago is that everyone seems to be in a pretty good mood.
Even on days like today when it's 90 + degrees.
It's almost like we all just realize the doom that awaits us in only a few months
so everyone is trying to make the most of it.

Same with the gang bangers on the Southside.
They're trying to make the most of it, as well.
I heard on the news yesterday that roughly 25 people get shot every night.
That's up more than 30% than usual.
So that tells me some guys are really putting in the extra effort.
Was that a terribly insensitive thing to say, or is it just me?
Sorry, but I frequently work on the Southside (during the day)
and I see the total disregard most of the people down there have for each other,
for themselves, and most importantly for girl's driving Camry's with Nebraska license plates.
I get cut off all the time and it really grinds my gears.
Luckily, working down there is teaching me not to honk, yell, or make absurd gestures,
when such things happen.
Like I always say, a few minutes late,
is better than a gun shot through the car window.
I learned that saying growing up in Norfolk, Nebraska.

Do you know what kind of crime we have on the North Side?
This:
Another classic case of Ted driving drunk to my neighbor's.
Screw Joe Biden making an appearance on my street.
Ted is like ten times cooler.
And people were passing by him like it was no bid deal.
The only one who thought it was a huge deal was Harlow.
He wouldn't go near Ted.
I don't know what's gone down between the two of them in the past,
but Harlow was scared shit less of that guy.

Thing #2 I love about my nieghborhood:
That this is the view I get from the park just a few blocks away.

I wonder when I will stop being tourist and
no longer feel the need to take skyline photos?
I hope never.

Did I mention tomorrow there will be a plethora of married gals
coming to stay with me to celebrate one of their friend's bachelorette's?
My sister (29) and her fellow friends, some married, some single, are coming
to Chicago for a girls weekend and I will be participating in some of the festivities
and I am thrilled about it.

Do you know what type of girls get crazy at a bachelorette?
Married girls.
Do you know what type gets even crazier?
Married mom's.

On that note, I need to go marriedlady-proof my house.












Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter