Peanut Butter - Sponsor Time

Harlow's got this love/hate relationship with his Kong toy,
which is this red thing I fill with peanut butter.


I'm ashamed to say how often I've thought about filling this for myself.
I truly can't think of a better way to pass time on my commute to work
than licking peanut butter from a rubber toy.
Or when I'm waiting for an appointment.
Or at the airport... It's just like a sucker, pretty much.

So here's the thing-
whenever I'm about to leave the house I fill the toy.
Harlow hears the peanut butter open, runs in the kitchen, wags his tail,
but then the minute I sit the Kong down on the floor he gets super weird.
He almost gets coy about.

It's like he doesn't want to be too aggressive so he hangs back for awhile.
He just stares at it.
Gets to know it, you might say.
Then he starts to whimper.
Eventually he'll slowly inch his way closer to it.
Until he's just a nose away.
But still, he just stares and whines.
It's usually about this time when I start to get frustrated.
You don't have to take it to dinner first, just get after it! (I typically yell...)
It's as if he likes to torment himself or something.
Harlow's a little freak I think.

And even after I insult him he still just continues to weigh his options.
Circling the Kong.... Just staring at it.

Until I can't handle it anymore and I literally have to hold it in my hand
until he'll come up to it and gleefully start licking.
Which kind of goes against the whole point of the toy,
(you know the fact that I hope to use it as a distraction when I leave.)

Harlow loves peanut butter, there's no question about that.
And the minute he finally makes the move and starts licking the peanut butter
he doesn't stop.
But what's the need for the whole song and dance before it all?
Anyone else have creepy dogs that do this?
 Or is Harlow in his own category of weirdness on this one?

Now for the second part,
I'm cleaning up my sidebar with a new approach to Sponsors starting August 1st.
I've had some emails recently about it so check here regarding how
you can spend the best $5, or $8 of your life.
Pricey, I know. But a girl's gotta eat.
and buy Kong toys for her perverted dog.
I'm not offering a lot of spots just so I can keep exposure at its maximum.
But I do have a few left for August yet so email me if you're interested.

TTYL.




Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter