Respect Your Elders


Trying to make the most of this week before the Mayan calendar ends,
(and we all have to order new Mayan calendars)
last night Chris and I had a fun filled Chicago Christmas evening.


First we tried ice skating at Millenium Park with all of the other
thirteen year olds on dates.
We weren't good.
(At skating or being on a date.)
We didn't even hold hands once.
But remember those douchey guys from the rollerskating rink in the 90s
who liked to skate backward and try to do all sorts of weird tricks?
They still exist.
And they still take anyone out who might get in their way.

After spending about ten minutes on the rink,
we'd had our fun and decided to head over to the Chris Kindle Market to drink
spiced wine from a small boot-mug.
I don't care what anyone says,
drinking from a boot is always fun.

For dinner we went to the west loop to eat at
The Girl and the Goat.


This place gets a lot of hype.
And now I know why.
It was amazing. If you're ever in Chicago, eat here.
Then eat here again the next day.


Had I not gotten into a fight with a seventy year old woman,
it would have been the perfect night.
Long story short, Chris and I had been waiting for a while to get two chairs at the bar.
One might say I've got pretty good seat-grabbing skills,
so naturally when I saw two men
paying their bill I walked up to them, kindly asked if they were leaving,
and they graciously said "yup, the seats are all yours."
Just as the man stood up an older woman swooped in, then looked at me and said
"oh, are you taking these?"
And the gentlemen who was sitting said, "yes she is."
So I just smiled and nodded.
Then the woman snarled at me and replied, "what, no respect for your elders?"
Let me just preface this by saying this "elder" was dressed head to toe in Louis Vuitton,
she had blonder hair than me, and was throwing back Dirtys with her gaggle of other
"elder" women.
To say they were probably privileged women is an understatement.
Regardless.... I'm still trying to practice what I preach and be kinder to others.
So I paused and said, "Oh I'm sorry, you go ahead. You can have the seats."
To which she said, "forget it!"
So then I said, "I've got as much respect for elders, as you have for yourself."
JK!!!!
I just said, "okay thanks, happy holidays!"
I don't think she liked this response either because she just stomped off.
But I couldn't help but smile, I sure hope I still have that firey spirit when I'm that old.
What a gem.

But anyway, that was my night.
Not a bad last Tuesday before the world ends.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter