Day at the Water Park

I've got a love/hate relationship with water parks.
I love zooming down slides, love the thrill of a wave pool, 
and I love to float in circles on a lazy river for hours.
But I kind of hate the fact there is never anyone in the bathroom at a water park.  

I hate the long lines for the slides.
And I hate that the little girl who is dripping wet, standing next to me in the long line, 

might not just be dripping water... 
C'mon 4 year old, I invented that trick back in the 80s.
But this is all coming from a girl who still believes swimming in a 

pool constitutes a shower in the summer. 
Kidding! ... Usually. 
What I'm saying is I never let my fear of a little blurry water 
get in the way of a day at the water park.

So Jade, Knox, and I ventured off to the new Norfolk water park. 

It was a good plan in theory, I realized one of us would stay with Knox 
while the other rode the slides, but I forgot to consider that this might be a little weird. 
You know, standing in line all alone at a water park surrounded by young children. 
I might as well have been wearing a Penn State sweatshirt handing out free passes to the 
"Beaver Stadium Kids Camp" at the entrance, 
because I felt very uncomfortable. 
"Who's the creepy lady riding the slides alone?" is what all the kids were thinking. 
I know I would have been. 
It didn't help that every time I shot through the slide my bottom came off.
"That weird lady is taking off her pants in the slide again...."

After a few runs on the slides I tried to stay near Knox for the rest of the time. 



This is my sister's "water slide" face.
I believe it's Knox's "oh shit!" face.





I think he had a blast...
What do you think?
Yeah, like I said, it was a good idea in theory.
Knox could have played in the wave pool,
or the kiddy slides,
or the fountains,
literally his choices were endless.
But do you know what finally made him happy?

A ball.
A small blue bouncy ball.
I'll never understand kids.
At least that damn ball tuckered him out.


Happy Monday.
Happy 4th of July.
Happy everything.


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter