In Da Club

Here's the thing about clubs,
I don't like them.
The music is too loud, the bathroom lines are too long,
 the people are too pretty-
oh, and don't even get me started on bathroom attendants.
I refuse, REFUSE I say, to pay someone
to dry my hands. If ever there was a bullshit job that's one.
(pun?)

Anyway,
If I'm going to get sloppy I prefer to be in a dark,
dirty bar where no one is going to judge me
if I just happen to start eating Doritos out of my purse,
or if I decide it's more comfortable to walk around barefoot.

But Friday night was an exception.
It certainly was.
Chris and I didn't just break out of our comfortable
little neighborhood of Lincoln Park bars,
we full on "clubbed" downtown bouncing from one hot spot to the next
(via limo of course...  )
we cut lines, had bottle service, and danced on booths...
It was soooo not us.
I feel like such an asshat just thinking about it.
Thank God much of it remains a bit blurry yet.
I blame the reason I drank about 18 cocktails on the fact
I was so obviously out of my element.

By 4:00 a.m. we were in a cab headed home
until I figured out I had left my scarf behind
and was damn near in tears because of it.
The funny part is I didn't even wear a scarf out...
How bout that.
Other than that, I will admit it was a pretty great night.

But great nights often lead to horrible mornings.
Yesterday was a struggle.
Luckily, Chris came to the rescue and ordered a "few" snacks to make us feel better.
1. Crunchy Mac N Cheese.
2. Spicy Chicken Wings.
3. Grilled Chicken Wings.
4. Breaded Mushrooms.
5. Mozzarella Sticks.

Oh greasy food, how I love thee.

And now, it's time for some Sunday night TV with these two-

I'm gonna smut it up a little with Real Housewives of New Jersey
(Chris loves this show)
and then follow it with HBO's new show "Newsroom"
just so I can feel at least half way intellectual with my television selection this evening.

Happy Sunday.
Make it an even happier Sunday and head over to Living in Yellow
and check out Erin's insanely large giveaway.
I'm giving away a copy of my book A Bottle For You. A Bottle For Me.
so head on over and register to win!












Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter