Finally some decently warm weather in Chicago!

We had a March that was full of 80 degree weather,
which I actually didn't experience because I was in Italy for much of it.
Boo who me, I know. But it was kind of annoying to have missed the nice weather...
Because then April was absolutely awful.
And May is looking okay... Two days of it so far, and two days of rain.
Har and I headed out to the beach this morning for a little walk/jog.


I'm starting to get a little bit too squishy around the edges... 
So I need to shape up.
I don't want to necessarily lose weight,
I still want to be me,
only smaller. and slimmer.
A little less chicken wingy and beer and probably a little more chicken breast and water needs to start happening.
I don't appreciate it when my underwear start to feel small. There's no hiding from it at that point.
So we ran and we walked and we jogged along the beach for a bit today.


And we headed back to the dog populated part of the beach just in time to be mobbed by the dog-mom brigade.
I've heard some human mommas can push their ideals and beliefs on other mom's,
but dog moms do the same thing.
And it's so true how the owners really match their dogs.
The hippy mom with the rescue pup (who may or may not have had dreadlocks in, I couldn't actually tell the dog's hair was so long)
 told me I shouldn't yell at Harlow when he shows aggression.
"It's a dog's nature you know to get a little aggressive right? Right on. So just let him be. Let him be one with the universe."

And on the other hand, the skinny lady with the short curly hair and the tall poodle told me to,
"can you please get your dog away? He keeps stealing my dog's ball and then he growls. You should discipline him..."

But the worst was the hairy man with the Mastiff who followed us around because his grossly large dog kept trying to put his ass in Harlow's face.
"Hahaha I guess my dog likes your dog."

Um. Gross.
I was just waiting for the man to put his ass in my face. At which point I would have growled.

Harlow is the sweetest dog in the world. But he can also be a real asshole. 
He steals toys and he doesn't like to give them back.
He takes much delight in having me chase him for hours trying to get some snooty bitch's ball back. (I mean the female dog obvi)
And does he growl when he has another dog's toy? Yes, but only at bitches. 
Just like his momma...

And he definitely throws fits when it's time to leave.
Here he is throwing a full on tantrum on the bench, not wanting to leave.
He whined and barked for a good five minutes.
It was so embarrassing.
I finally had to give him a treat to shut his mouth.

Chris and I were so excited to find out our new place is literally half a block away from a dog friendly bar. 
We're stupidly happy about this.
One might think,
why would you take your dog to a bar when you could just sit at home and drink for free, with your dog by your side? 
And to that I say,
I have no idea why.
It's just thrilling to bring your dog to a bar I guess.
Give it a try sometime.










Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter