Beer Fest 2012

Saturday...
Chris and I attended our first Chicago Beer Fest.


It was a lot of fun. And we drank a lot of beer from our Little Tyke style beer mugs.


Big man, little cup.

I was in heaven with all the new summer ales that are out. And I probably had about 15 "samples" of everything the Blue Moon stand had to offer. Blue Moon is like water for me. I literally crave it. But not like scary-alcoholic crave, I mean like fun-I just want summer beer kind of crave. I want one right now actually...


For this being the first annual, there was a pretty good turn out. And the beer lines were not nearly as bad as I expected. The bathrooms, however, were a different story.  Why girls take 3x as long as boys to use the bathroom is something I'll never figure out. I understand the process is a bit different, but really, why does it take so much longer to just sit down? 

Maybe the problem lies in the fact that girls are allowed the privacy of their own stall. I imagine that if I had to relieve myself in front of seven other strangers I might get the hell out of there as fast as possible, as well... 

Anyway, the one (very huge) rookie mistake Chris and I made on Saturday was an overall lack of pretzel necklaces.


If you've ever been to a beer fest you're probably laughing at me right now, thinking what a fool I am. A pretzel necklace is a staple. No way around it.


How was I supposed to know though? Nobody told me. So I foolishly ran from one food vendor to the next looking to purchase one of these beautiful pieces of jewelry. Idiot.

Well, next year I'll be prepared.


I will be the one wearing the coveted "pretzel/cheesestick/jerkey/candy" necklace. Oh yes, that shall be me.






Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter