The Best Weekend Ever

I know I keep saying this and it's probably starting to get annoying,
but I really love this city in the summer.
It just continues to get better and better, weekends especially.
And since I had such a great weekend, that obviously means I am way too tired right now to construct more than a few sentences, so like it or not I'm about to overload you with photos.

Saturday morning started off at the Farmers Market in Lincoln Park.

As usual, it was stupidly busy so Harlow and I didn't stay long.
Instead, we chose to go listen to the homeless man playing his bucket drums
while all of the babies dressed in their designer duds danced around him.
That guy's got it figured out, the moment he stops playing all of the babies cry.
Guess what gets him to start again? Money in his bucket.
At one point I saw a two year old waddle up toward him and happily drop a $20 bill in his hand.
Oh, Lincoln Park...

In the afternoon we grilled some turkey burgers and mixed up some Bloody Marys before heading to
the Old Town Art Fair.

Does anyone else's dog go absolutely nuts over guac?
Harlow literally freaks out.

And then we took obnoxious photos like this because we like to think we're twenty one.
Gotta love the Kirkwoods to-go cups.


We wandered around Old Town for a bit before heading to a house to watch the Blackhawks game.
In case you were wondering, they WON!
Stanley Cup here we come.

And then Sunday went something like this.


Yes, more bloodys. If you haven't noticed I'm slightly addicted.
And then we went on a little biking jaunt around the city in an attempt to work breakfast off.



And right now I'm enjoying a little Mad Men, and a little froyo.


And I'm exhausted.
So if you love Chicago as much as I do I recommend you check out that fancy new "Chicago" tab
up above.
It's a running list of all my favs in the city, but I'm really just getting started on it because I've got a lot more to add!
Big thanks to Deidre from Love, the Skinnys for designing and installing that new page for me,
all in about two hours time I should note.
She works fast!

On that note, I need to go to bed.
Happy Monday.
Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter