The Bread Basket

So I've got this Larry David complex in which I tend to think of many situations in my life as a Seinfeld episode. (As do a lot people I'm sure as that's what made the TV show such a success- it's just so relatable.) Anyway, today's episode would be called The Bread Basket. Let me elaborate... This morning Chris, Har, and myself went to one our favorite brunch spots in our neighborhood called Four Farthings.




And in case you were wondering, yes, since it's officially football season Chris will be having Sunday Fundays while wearing this shirt for the next four-ish months.


One of the reasons I love this specific place is because they've got these amazing bread baskets full of miniature bagels (and we know how I love mini sized things) and a variety of delicious muffins they serve before they bring out your food. So we sat down, the waiter gave us menus and waters, we ordered some bloodys, and then I proceeded to wait for our bread basket.

Well the waiter brought our drinks, took our orders, and still no bread. Did mention every other table was happily eating their delicious mini pastries at this time? Well if I didn't mention it to you, I mentioned it to Chris, at least five times... There's just something super pathetic about having to ask for your complimentary bread basket so I really didn't want to do it. "Excuse me, can I have my free bread because I'm a poor five-year-old and want to eat right this minute..." 

Honestly after I drank my bloody I didn't even want the damn bread basket. But at this point it wasn't about that anymore, it was more about the principle. I mean this place over charges for breakfast in the first place, and I can only assume it's because we're also paying for those baskets, so if every other table had theirs...We should too, right? It's the principle.



After I brought it up one more time and pointed out the fact we even had mini plates already on our table (for a basket of you-know-what) Chris finally snapped and said "Tay, get over the damn bread baskets!!!"

So I snapped and I asked our server.... And then Chris took this photo of me with this I'm pathetic look smeared across my face.


And ten seconds after we got the bread our food came. Figures.



And you know what? The couple who came right as we were about to leave got their basket the second they sat down.

Moral of the story: if you see something, say something.


 photo signature-23.png

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter