The Best Playroom Ever


Introducing Kelly from Mrs. In Training,
the self proclaimed "toddler's mama who never quite got over playing dress up herself."

Kelly doesn't know I'm sharing this photo, but I think it's the most adorable "playroom" ever,
so here it is- a sneak peak inside her daughter, Guinevere's, stylish life.


Now meet Kelly....


1. Describe your blog in one sentence. 

 A personal style/fashion blog by a working mom and full-time student (oi) that is 20% lifestyle,
40% motherhood and 5% personal opinion about anything I feel like
 (also: I don't do math).

2. What have you learned thus far about being a "Mrs. in Training?"

In five years of marriage and almost 14 years together, our relationship definitely has evolved.
I've learned that its important to celebrate our differences.
For example, I love to travel, and he hates leaving home - and while that used to be a big fight for us, now I travel and have a great time, and he stays home and has a great time.
We love spending time together, but time apart is essential for us to still maintain our own personal interests and individuality.

3. You and your hubby have been together since high school, that's pretty impressive. 
Any advice as to what a makes a good relationship?

A few years ago he read a magazine interview with a female actress that said she always wore pretty lingerie around her husband and didn't own any sweatpants or ratty tees. He mused on how attractive that notion was, and on a lark I traded my huge sweatshirts for silk robes. Now, the only pair of sweatpants I even have are a pair of "skinny" sweatpants because I bought them in the kid's section at Target, and its pretty obvious that the "target" audience has never birthed a child - skinny is an understatement. I benefit more from this shift towards nightgowns and robes since I feel much more attractive and confident around him - and that definitely helps our sex life, which is, I think, a VERY important part of a great marriage. Also important: humor, trust and similar tastes in movies.


4. You have such great style, what are some of your spring/summer staples?

Shucks, thanks! I'd say aviator sunglasses, a denim jacket for Spring and denim vest for Summer,
white skinny jeans, nude-colored sandals, and bright and colorful tank tops.
 Plus, a really great fake tanner.

5. You have an adorable little girl, what is your favorite thing about being a mom?

Children make fabulous accessories - most days I get more compliments on her than I do my shoes. Seriously though, my favorite part about being a mom has been the built-in companion.
This kid loves Target, poop jokes, the mall, Chick-fil-A and laying in bed watching TV while eating ice cream -  all of MY favorite things!
 She's not quite two, but is the funniest person I know and my best friend.



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter