Dog Hair Is An Accessory

Happy Saturday, everyone! Before I introduce you all to today's Saturday blogger, I just wanted to wish my parents a very happy 34th anniversary! Thirty-four years.... that is a long time. In case you'd like to see their secrets to a successful marriage, just read this post- it will change your life.

And now without further ado, introducing Adriana from Dog Hair Is An Accessory.



1. Why did you start blogging?

I followed a bunch of fashion blogs for a while and then found some lifestyle bloggers and loved that I felt anyone who wanted to could try it! I like telling stories but not writing formally so this was a great balance! I had no clue there was a whole community behind it and it makes it all even more exciting/fun/worth it!

2. Tell me more about how you came up with the title of your blog, Dog Hair Is An Accessory?

I actually started a "fashion blog" first. Terrible idea. I'm way too much of a mess. Then I stopped blogging and my boyfriend and I got a puppy; Lily. She's cute but she's a massive pain. And she sheds like a mofo. (We were told she wouldn't shed. HA!) and she became my life. My time, my patience, my priority. But she's quite a character and I wanted to share her absolute outrageousness with the world. My blog title is a reflection of the fact that I'd love to be fabulous but I'm busy being a dog mom and figuring out how to be a functional adult. Easier said than done.

3.  What's your favorite thing about being a dog-mama?

How rewarding it can be! Lil is a tough cookie a lot of the time and she's super bratty but when she listens and/or does something that makes someone say "wow, what a good dog!" I smile bigger than a kid who got a pony for their birthday. I put a LOT of effort (and time and money!) into being a dog mama so when it pays off I celebrate! Luckily she's cute so we haven't thrown her out on her doggy bottom. But she definitely tries hard to push the limits.



4. How is life in New England?

It's awesome about 4 weeks of the year. Ok maybe that's an exaggeration but I'm more than a little cold intolerant. I am a hugee fan of the CT wine trail (I wrote a whole post about it because who DOESN'T love wine and pretty scenery? Which is a favorite activity from April thru November. And I do love the proximity to amazing cities like Boston and NYC and those I can enjoy year round. I really should live in the Bahamas tho. I have friends in warm places (Dallas, Santa Barbara, Florida) so I'm tryna spend as much frozen CT time in the sun of other states as much as possible. Although you can't beat fall in New England!

5. What are you most looking forward to about fall?

I'm allowed to say sweatpants right? I love being cozy. And I hoard shoes so my boots are itching to make a come back. I mean I probably won't pair them with my sweats. As long as its fall, not winter I'm up for it. And since I have to be well prepared I bought 3 pairs of boots today, 2 pairs of jeans yesterday and a pair off wool socks. You gotta be prepared! Plus if I don't go apple picking and get adorable pictures I'll be super upset.



 photo signature-23.png

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter