Happy Easter!

What a delightful little weekend to make a trip home.
And after paying only $4.89 a gallon in Chicago (for the record the most expensive gas in the country) $15.00 in tolls on the Illinois interstate and $13.00 at the gas station (Combos, jerky, Diet Mt. Dew)
I probably should have flown...

caught him in the middle of his Girls Just Wanna Have Fun rendition

But then I wouldn't have experienced the fun of the 9 hour car ride with Harlow. We had some serious bonding time. Harlow has such seperation anxiety that he rode the entire way sitting on the middle console, with his head resting on my shoulder. I left the back seat wide open for him. I'm such a fool sometimes. 

Oh well, I made it home. And home sweet home it is.
We started the day with an Easter egg hunt.

Although nobody told me there was an age limit... 

Whoever decided that only children would be interested in a game that involves finding eggs with prizes inside is an idiot. This happens to be my favorite past time. Knox however, wasn't so interested. He preferred to find the eggs and then chuck them at whoever happened to be close by. I still feel bad for the little girl he nailed in the chest. But he got his karma...


His karma came delivered in a big white bunny suit. This shot was taken .4 seconds before his full on "I'm scared shitlesss" fit set in. Jade still has nail marks in her back from where the little guy was holding on.

Next on the agenda: the Masters.

Knox got in the spirit by wearing the shirt my parents just brought home for him from Augusta just last night.


And then no more time could be wasted. He had to get to practicing.


Look at that back swing.


This was when he solemnly swore to play at the Masters someday. And therefore be our meal ticket. He's got a lot of people (me) counting on him to do something great.

Then some good old fashioned egg coloring.



Right before Knox decided it was more fun to color his hand than an egg.


And toss the egg onto the floor.


And then drink the dye. Kidding. But he wanted to, but who hasn't been tempted to drink the dye?


The final result: eggs that look like they were colored in a montessori pre school class.
Not a lot of artist talent in the Wolfe house. They'll make better deviled eggs, anyway.

Happy Easter! 



Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter