Uprising in the Cry Room

As for yesterday,
it was a delightful little Easter Sunday. The weather was a bit chilly for my liking, but then again I consider anything below 80 "a bit chilly."

Unfortunately, Jade and Bill woke up terribly sick Sunday morning and couldn't attend any of the Easter festivities so the Knoxer was sent with just my parents and I to church and brunch. Much to the relief of Jade, it was only the 24 flu, and not "contagion" as she originally thought. Sometimes Jade suffers from "hypochondria"... but don't tell her that because she'll think she needs to go to the hospital to be diagnosed officially.

It was a very interesting experience for me sitting in the "cry room" with Knox at church. I don't think I'd been in the cry room since I was the cryer. And that's been almost four years now. 

The room was packed, I can only assume because it was Easter Sunday and tensions were very high amongst the little ones- what with the stress of easter basket reveals and competitive egg hunts just hours from tip off. Everything was going quite fine in the beginning. Parents were still smiling, children were singing, cheerios were being eaten. 

And then about 25 minutes in, a certain darkness started to take over the room. The overall mood took a drastic dip. As if straight from the Hunger Games (part II), the children started planning an uprising. I could sense it. Their parents seemed oblivious to it.  There was a brief moment of silence, followed by a few whispers, some giggles, and then all hell broke loose. Out of nowhere the room erupted in a fit of babies crying, toddlers running like wild boars, and parents screaming "quiet!" "you take him!" "we're gonna leave!"  

And it scared me right back on track to my "can't have kids for at least 10 years" plan. Knox reminds me of a little drug addict the way he's always looking for his next candy fix. He can't talk, he can barely walk, yet he remembers every one of my mom's candy hiding spots. I caught him digging around the pantry for nearly 10 minutes in search of some M&Ms. We have to put every candy dish not just up, but also out of sight when he comes around or he will straight up flip his shit until he gets his fix. It's pretty intense. One time he started foaming at the mouth trying to get some Smarties. Then he crushed them up and snorted them. Too far, I'm kidding. But it wouldn't surprise me...

Anywho, after church we headed to the Club for some Easter brunch.

It was quite tasty, but I still don't understand why they put all of the good food at the table that barely stood three feet tall. I don't like to have to squat down to get my bunny shaped chicken fingers, smiley face french fries, or egg shaped mozzarella sticks.

We finished the afternoon with a little play time at the park.


All in all, a very nice Easter. 

As for today, it's been pretty low key as well.


Knox pretty much runs life back here in Nebraska, so we just wait to see what he wants to do and take it from there. Today on his list was grocery shopping:


And if "carts" looked like this when I was younger I would have probably wanted to go shopping everyday, as well. The best thing we were offered when I was a kid were miniature carts we could push on our own. What bullshit, that's hardly a novelty.

As for the rest of the day, I may or may not have put on my cookie monster costume (from college) as a little treat for Knox...


It wasn't so much a treat, after all.


I think he was very scared.


It was pretty much the same reaction I got in college, as well.






Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter