Hunger Games

Standing in the concession line yesterday, I have never felt more a part of the hunger games in my life. Movie theaters (at least in Chicago) have started listing the caloric content of all their food. In plain sight for all to see. I'm devastated.

I like to know calories. Sometimes. On Mondays, always. Tuesdays, usually. Wednesdays, for the most part. But Thursday-Sunday I'm pretty much back to weekend eating.
Hunger Games4eva!

But at a movie theater? Never. I have no desire to see how many calories are in the large bucket of butter I typically order. And more times than not, I often splurge and get a regular Sprite. I'm a wild one on Sundays. So why theater, why did you start posting calories alongside every thing you have to offer? I'd never seen this until yesterday, and I so badly wish I wouldn't have. 

Ignorance is bliss. Especially when I'm in the mood to binge eat. So I'm not going to repeat what I saw yesterday. I'll just say it was more than 100 calories and less than 4,000 calories (barely.) Put the calories up at Panera Bread or Subway whatever, I'm all for it. 

But please healthy-advocating people, please leave my incredibly bad, yet delicious movie theater food alone. How is a girl supposed to enjoy her refillable popcorn bowl and six mozzarella sticks with a cinnamon crunch pretzel in peace? That's it. And turn off your damn cell phone, I can still see you texting even if you're holding it in your purse.

Now on to the movie.
I loved it. But as always, had a few questions.

Katniss can't afford food but she can afford this sassy leather jacket? Perhaps she visited the leather street in Florence, Italy like myself and was also able to barter down the price, as well...

And, a side braid? How many of you put your hair in a dainty little braid before an extensive workout/kill fest? I love this style but it's just not practical. My hair falls out all over the place and drives me absolutely nuts! I can't help but wonder if some of her parachutes from sponsors included bobby pins.

And maybe she wouldn't have to eat as many dirt and rain covered bread loaves if she didn't spend so much money on items like the very fashionable lace-up boots she's sporting below.

And I can't take Gail seriously. All I keep thinking is he's so good looking. I'm sure the Capitol would find him a modeling job in no time. If they can find Lenny Kravitz work, they can surely find Liam something.
When it comes to teenage vampire/post apocalyptic heart throbs-
these three are totes the new Bella, Jacob and what's his name.

But what do you think, is Hunger Games reflective on our society today?

What will all of the outlandishness and the constantly trying out to do each other for attention?


Doubtful...


We're not heading in that direction at all...


Hey, at least we don't we get pleasure off of watching people fail right in front of our eyes and plaster it all over the media.



Nah, we're too civilized for that.

Now if you would excuse me the Real Housewives of O.C. is on. Tamra has a melt down, I can't wait to watch.
















Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter