Two Martinis

Introducing fellow Chicagoan,  Lisa from Two Martinis.


1. How did you come up with the title for you blog, Two Martinis?

Ah, the title of my blog is actually more romantic than you might think! (Or really, maybe not). My husband and I met online and our first date involved a lot of martini drinking (by me) and far too much truth-telling (also by me). I mean, who doesn't talk about their entire dating history on their first date?! Gulp. Despite my alcohol-fueled rambling, we ended up dating and living together and getting married… the whole thing! But it started out with Two Martinis and since my blog is about us, that's the title!

2. What was the inspiration behind starting your blog?

I'm an over-sharer by nature. It's always been a 'problem' but in the blog world people actually like that sort of thing! I've found my people. Also, I feel like I can give all sorts of (unsolicited) advice on my blog and people can't get mad at me for offering it! This whole blogging thing is pretty great. Plus, I get to write / record stories and entertain a few friends and meet some people… So many perks!

3. What are three of your favorite posts you've written thus far?

Oh gosh, every post I write quickly becomes my new favorite (or a new regret). But here are a few 'oldie but goodies' that I like (and that you aren't likely to find by scrolling through my most recent posts!)
Marriage Confessions.
Our Different Last Names.
Search Terms.



4. Where do you find inspiration for blogging/writing?

LIFE. I love learning about people and finding out what they're doing in 'normal' day to day life, so that's what I write about! I figure if life isn't exciting enough to write about, I'm doing it wrong.

5. Where do you see yourself in ten years?

TEN YEARS?! Gulp. I don't even know what I’m going to be doing next week. (Oh, the life of an unemployed lady…) But really, in a decade or so I hope to be traveling the world with my husband, running around after a few kids, staying healthy, and doing a job (or at least volunteering for a cause) that I love. I'm also imagining myself with a large collection of impractical shoes. Typical, sappy stuff!

*Comments have been turned off on this page, please head on over to say hello to Lisa here.


 photo signature-23.png

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter