Yellow Mango Life

Introducing a fellow Nebraska gal, Katie, from Yellow Mango Life. 


1. Why did you start blogging?

I’ve always loved writing and documenting my life (can you say junior high diary?), so when I found out I was knocked up I decided it would be a great way to remember all the craziness that we were about to experience, plus my only hobby for many years prior to this point – drinking – was now no longer. I needed something to fill that big void. Never did I know there was so much more to blogging and such an amazing community out there that I would get to know and love reading about daily.

You can learn more about our little fam here. 


2. What are you most excited for about fall?

I must be the last person in blog world to jump on the “I love fall” bandwagon. I swear. Just this year, I’ve really gotten the bug in me to embrace the fall season and blow it out. I mean, ready or not it’s coming, so why not deck out the house in some orange, yellow & gold, fill every room with apple spice and autumn leaves-flavored candles and bust out my scissors to make some fancy fall crafts. Am I right?

While my interest in fall has just started, I’ve always been a fan of Halloween. And it got even better once little man came along because I get to dress him up in anything I want. Like his costume from last year. Is he not the cutest nerd ever?


3.  What's your favorite thing about being a momma to your adorable baby, Cruz?

Everything. Seriously, I’m not trying to be that cliché mom, but it’s true. I love everything about our little guy. It’s amazing to hear every new thing that comes out of his mouth and take in his new moves. Just the other day I was changing his diaper and he pointed to his little manhood (aka “dinger” in our house) and said, “mama, big dinger? Like dada?” I mean come on, how can you not love that. And I just know that his dada is filling his head with that nonsense.



And, let’s be honest, the absolute BEST part? The fact that he can already pump a keg and get me a beer. Don’t pretend you’re not impressed.

4. How is life in Nebraska?

I love Nebraska.  Obviously, I’ve chosen to stick it out here for the past 31 and a half years. The ‘half’ because I did a brief stint in New York City for my internship after college with the New York Knicks. And it wasn’t longer only because I quickly realized that the NBA pays its staff peanuts (except for those exceptionally tall basketball players they employ, of course). Seriously, I made $25 a day trying to survive in one of the biggest cities in the world. Come to think of it, I would’ve preferred some days to be paid in peanuts. At least I would’ve been able to eat! Kidding….wait where was I? Oh yes, a really long lead into why I love Nebraska.

In my opinion, people don’t give Nebraska enough credit. Granted, we don’t have an H&M (yet) or any store fancier than Coach. Nor do we have any professional sports teams, although the Nebraska Cornhuskers should count. Have you ever been to Memorial Stadium or tailgating in Lincoln on game day. No? Well you are missing out, just refer to Taylor’s post from earlier this week. It’s insane, even if you aren’t a diehard. But what we do have: the College World Series, no more than a 30 minute commute…anywhere in the city, Omaha Steaks, one of the best zoos in the nation (trust me, have a kid and you will think this is great too), home of my alma mater the University of Nebraska-Kearney where the motto is “you can’t spell drunk without UNK!”, and, last but not least, spam was created here…SPAM! I shouldn’t even have to sell you on our great state after this little gem.

 5. Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Living happily with my husband Nick and little guy Cruz plus probably one more kiddo and our puggle Maya. Still in Omaha but with a nice little retreat in Scottsdale (you know, so I can keep my tan) and more than likely working at my current marketing job, but potentially in a different capacity. I’m fortunate to love what I do and I get to do some really fun things and travel to some great places because of it. Oh, and surrounded by our family and friends, of course, having cocktails and cookouts. Every weekend.

 photo signature-23.png

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter