The Daily Tay's Best Week Ever

After a twenty seven month winter, I almost forgot how beautiful Chicago can be.
I've never enjoyed walking as much in my neighborhood as I do right now.
It's green everywhere, the flowers are blooming, and the scent of summer is in the air.
(Although as I write this I should note it's back down to 48 degrees today...
but I'm thinking positive for the weekend.)






So if you're annoyed with all my neighborhood pics, I'm not sorry.
It's just too gorgeous not to stop and enjoy.

But anywho... let's move on to the important stuff,
The Daily Tay's Best Week Ever.

I can't even dig into this without giving a big mention to the little guy in the bear suit up above.
Obviously, I'm talking about Knox.
He officially crossed into the big boy club today and used the toilet!


I'll admit, at first I was a little what's the big deal when Jade texted "Knox just peed in the toilet!!!"
And my mom instantly responded, "did you take a pic???"
But after giving this some thought, I've realized it really is a big deal.
Growing up without knowing how to use a toilet could get very awkward, very quick.
I think it's a skill we all take for advantage to be honest.
So hats off to you Knox, way to show that ivory beast who's boss.
Now after lunch it's time to tackle #2...

Next on my list are floral sofas. 
Also called couches if you're from the Midwest, or Davenports if you're from the 1940s.
Thanks to what Kim K wore to the Met Ball this week, floral couches haven't gotten this much press since every grandma bought one back in the 80s.

I also really like this one.


And this one.


And I really love this one.


Good stuff, I love the internet.

And then we've got Chicago Public Buses coming in strong at #3.
Never did I think the public bus would be having the best week ever, but after a CTA train became
derailed yesterday, the bus has never looked this good.


As soon as Harlow and I got the call that this was happening just a few blocks away from our house we jumped in our news van and headed to the scene.
It was absolute mayhem. Literally every firetruck and police car was there,
 and helicopters were swarming above.


(Don't worry, no one was hurt.)
Regardless, I will be taking the bus from now on. I'd rather take my chances with Dennis Hopper than a train falling off its rail.

Speaking of Dennis Hopper, how about those
three girls rescued in Ohio?
They were held in captivity for over a decade. I just can't even begin to imagine.
Thank God they're finally out. I just hope and pray they can someday live a semi normal life after all they've been through.
When I googled "three girls rescued in Ohio" this is the first image that came up,
so I guess I'll go with it.

This kind gentleman is the one who rescued the girls.
If you haven't heard his interview, do yourself a favor and look it up now.
I'm just waiting for the remix to come out for it, if it hasn't already?

And finally, I'd like to wish a Best Week Ever to every single
Mom out there.

Thank you for all that you do.
I'm slowly coming to realize that you do a job that scares the crap out of most people.
At least it does me.
And we all know that when you say you don't really want a gift that means we better get you
something or you'll be in a pissy mood all day.
(Chris that goes for you and Harlow I hope you know.)

Peace be with you,
happy weekend and happy Mother's Day.


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter