Stand Up Part II

So I tried stand up again last night.
 I don't know why I continue to get myself involved in these weird activities, but I do.
I guess it's just a thrill for me. A very bizarre unnatural thrill.
It's not like I dream of someday having a career in stand-up. Or that I like the idea of spending night
after night attending open mics in seedy comedy clubs around the city of Chicago.
I was reminded of what a rookie I am yesterday when I got to the sign-up and all of the other comedians asked what other open mics I was doing for the night.
For the night!
Some of them attend up to five open mics just in one evening. And on a Monday no less!
Mondays are always my it's time to get your shit in gear day.
And that's why compared to these comics, I am such a square.
For starters I'm not a night owl, I don't smoke, I have blonde hair,
 and I don't like clothes that blatantly don't match.
So yeah, when it's my time to take the stage I pretty much look like the home-schooled girl who just escaped life in Nebraska.

So where am I going with this stand up stuff?
I have no idea. I just know it scares the absolute crap out of me so why the hell not.
And even though I say I don't like seedy comedy clubs. I kinda really do.
Like today for example, when I have afternoon class at IO and often find myself walking out of the beautiful sunshine and into a dark bar where I am instantly hit with a shit cloud of stale smoke and
old alcohol spills, it brings a weird smile to my face.

Now... after going back and forth about this I've decided to post a small clip from last night.
And I'm nervous about this Blogworld, for more reasons than one.
Like really nervous. Like might take it down before the night is over nervous.

# 1. Many of you have never heard my voice before.
And I don't want to let you down. It's the same reason why the masked characters at Disney World don't talk.
Because I know most of you are expecting a cute high voice to come from me when in reality
I have a deep voice with a hint of a lisp....
JK, I know nobody thought I had a cute voice.

And # 2. I'm nervous of the judgment.
But on this note I realize doing something like comedy is always going to bring the judgers and the people who want to say "oh she thinks she's like really funny"  because that's just how people are.
So I guess I gotta be ready for that.

Finally #3. I'm going to be annoyed if you willingly watch it,
and then bitch at me for being offensive.
So you've been warned.

And one more warning, I'm like really nervous about posting this.
So don't be a jerk. I'm not claiming I'm good.
And Chris filmed this all on his iphone, thanks again to him for supporting my creepy hobbies...



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter