Everything I know about blogging I learned in Kindergarten


 I'm usually not one to dish out advice about blogging.
Let's just say it took me about three years to realize I should probably start adding photos.
I didn't know I could check my "reader stats" up until about nine months ago.
And I'm still trying to figure out how to take a selfie without feeling like a complete idiot...
But what I do know about blogging, I didn't learn from the online world.
It was simply the basics I was taught back in kindergarten.

Just be yourself.
This sounds so cliche, but I've found it to be incredibly true.
It's important to find your voice in blogging, and not just try to do what everyone else is doing.
Unfortunately we can't all be beautifully dressed Mormon momma bloggers.
Trust me, I've tried. But I'm not Mormon, or a mother...

Share. 
(But don't overshare.)
I'm a huge creep when it comes to learning about other peoples lives.
I love reading personal stories about relationships, and everyday life situations.
But I'm not a big fan of reading "bathroom related stories."
Here's a good rule of thumb, if your "story" happened near the toilet, keep it near the toilet.
Same goes for you anything about your adorable little children, as well.

Nap time is essential.
Have you ever wrote a post when you're exhausted?
It's almost painful. It's pretty much just as bad as writing a post when you've drank a little too much.
Which brings me to my next point...

No drinking allowed in class.
(Although back in kindergarten this had more to do with milk, I think.)
I once wrote a post under the influence while at a bachelorette-party stripper class.
I don't know why I thought it was a good idea.
If I remember correctly, I was just so uncomfortable with everything about the stripper class
that I decided my time would better be spent writing about how uncomfortable I was.
The post turned out just like me that day, sloppy and unnecessary.
Moral of the story- put a breathalyzer on your computer.

Don't be in such a hurry.
From day one, every single teacher I've ever had always told me I finish my work way too fast.
And it was true, I always wanted to be the first one done. I still do.
So as you can probably imagine, this leads to one too many grammatical errors in posts.
I'd like to say I've gotten better at editing, but that would just be a flat out lie.
No matter how much I proofread, something wrong always sneaks in.
And people are always going to judge me for it... But it's fine, I judge me for it too.

Play nice.
 There's a difference between speaking your mind, and just stirring the pot.
When I come across a blog I don't happen to enjoy I just move onto the next,
seems a lot easier than taking the time and energy to write a nasty comment.
Then again, I'm a pretty lazy commenter. So to each their own I suppose.
I've just discovered life is easier with allies rather than enemies.

And most importantly,
never give up.
In my opinion, the number one reason you should blog is because you enjoy it.
If you're blogging for any other reason, well then I wish you the best of luck.
We've all seen blogs come and go.
Those of us who stick around do so because we love it.
We appreciate the kudos, try to learn from the criticism,
and always make sure to photograph our food before ever taking a bite.

At the end of the day, just look both ways before crossing and you'll be fine in whatever you do.

P.S. 30% off ALL ads today only! Use the code: Thursday
                                 
        
                                                        
                                                                                  *previously posted on Wonder Forest.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter