The Daily Tay's Best Week Ever

Is it just me, or has this been a really long week?
I feel like it's just been one thing after the other... after the other.
After the other.
But alas, the weekend is here in all its glory and that's all that really matters.

I made a quick trip back to Nebraska to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday and my brother's 28th.
 I know what you're thinking, she rarely gets back to Nebraska...
Jk, I get back a lot. But I can't help it I have the soul of a semi driver and a few hours
(nine-ish to be exact) on the road doesn't bother me much.
As long as I have a little Mumford on the radio and some Combos and jerky close by,
I'm good to go.
I also have the best companion a semi driver could ask for.


I wasn't at my parents house for more than ten minutes before Jade and Knox rang the door bell and surprised me with a lovely little May Day basket.
(Let's just pretend it wasn't snowing. And that Knox wasn't crying.)


There was also some beef jerky in the basket, but I finished the bag before my blogger instinct kicked in and told me I should probably snap a photo of this.
My sister knows gas station food is always the way to make me happy.


But enough babbling.
It's Friday so we need to get right down to it.
It's time for another edition of The Daily Tay's Best Week Ever.


So I think we all know this has been a pretty big week for
Jason Collins.

Thanks to his bravery in officially "coming out,"
he's been labeled as the first openly gay professional athlete. To which every male ice skater in the world stifled a giggle and mumbled oh honey, puhleasssse under their breath.


Seriously though, I think Ellen said it best during her opening monologue this week,
"Because of you there’s a little boy playing basketball right now who knows he can be who he is and play the sport that he loves."
Oh Ellen, God love ya.

This is also happens to be pretty big weekend for America's favorite green herb.
I'm talking about Mint obviously.
As in Mint Juleps.

The Kentucky Derby's drink of choice. The preppy frat boy in Sperry's drink of choice.
The drunk girl in an obnoxious hat drink of choice.
I've never been to the Derby but from what Chris has told me,
 all of the fun stuff happens on the infield. Apparently the rich people sit in the stands,
and the drunk people play in the muddy infield.
Sounds like a riot to me.


Moving right along....
Finally, after a long fought battle between the Hankin Family 
and Freddie Mac (a mortgage corporation) they have reached a settlement!


The Hankins were suing the mortgage corporation after unknowingly being sold a home that
was previously a meth lab.
They first started noticing problems after moving into the house when they both began to suffer from mouth sores and extreme sore throats.
They realized it was especially bad after their two year old soon began acting erratically,
posting bizarre photos of himself on Twitter and going on insane rants about absolutely nothing.
Luckily, the family is out of the house and everyone seems to be feeling normal and healthy again.
I don't want to sound judgey, but I feel like the family should have known they were purchasing a meth house. I mean look at the place...

*This is not an actual photo of the house. But it could be.

And finally, this week's post has been dedicated to Chris Kelly of the 90s rap group
Kriss Kross.

When I first heard "Jump" I was certain music could not get any better.
And then I heard "I Missed the Bus" and my life was forever changed.
May you and your backward jeans rest in peace.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Enjoy the Derby and Cinco De Mayo and anything else you plan on doing.

Follow along on Instagram @taylorgracewolfe to see me take photos of Knox ignoring me
and sibling birthday dinners.
Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter