Weekend Highs & Lows

And another weekend has come and gone.
Did anyone else notice that time change that swept through in the middle of the night?
I never thought I'd miss that hour as much as I did today.
One minute it was morning, and then next it was 5:00 p.m. and I was still sitting on my couch thinking,
I really need to change the clocks on the microwave and oven...
Daylight savings is really the prank that keeps on pranking.
I usually have a great memory, but if I had a dime for every time I walked in the kitchen today and said,
damn, I keep thinking it's only (fill in whichever hour you choose),
I'd have at least thirty cents.
When you only do it twice a year, how on earth are you supposed to remember which buttons you press to update the time?
And don't even get me started on updating the clock in my car.
That's gonna take me until at least May to figure out.
I can only imagine what those of you in Arizona do when God forbid your electricity goes out or something.

Besides the whole spring ahead thing, it's been a pretty good weekend.
Thanks to the fact Chris still has a pretty big hole in his stomach from getting his appendix removed a few weeks ago, we've been laying pretty low.
Here's some of the highs and lows from the past few days...

High
Taking Harlow on a walk Friday evening while enjoying the {almost} beautiful weather.

Low
Mistaking coyotes at the zoo for wild coyotes...

High
Celebrating Chris's appetite returning by eating burgers at Kuma's Too.
Low
The food coma that immediately followed eating burgers at Kumas Too.

High
Sushi on Saturday at Sushi Toro.

Low
Walking home from Sushi in the rain. 
(This isn't a photo from said rain storm, I'm not the type to stop and pose in the rain.)
I'm not the type to pose in general, so I really hope you'll appreciate my effort here.

High
Watching Looper Saturday evening.

Low
Watching Looper Saturday evening.

High
Brunch at Nookies on Sunday.

Low
Realizing all of our "highs" from the weekend involved food. 
And always do...

Happy Sunday evening.
I've got a feeling tomorrow morning might start with a low seeing how I have a 9:00 a.m.
appointment at the Cook County Court...
Keeping my fingers crossed the satanic cop who gave me a speeding ticket a few months ago doesn't show up.
Sidenote- if you're ever in Chicago and would like some cheap entertainment,
I highly recommend stopping by the John Daly Center downtown to drop in on a few court cases.
You'll come away with memories sure to last a lifetime!

Wish me luck,
Dina Lohan.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter