Saturday Takeover


Meet Rebecca from Mommy in Heels



1. Describe your blog in three words.

Fun, stylish, real. 
(Thanks to one of my readers for coming up with those!!)

2. What is one thing about motherhood your own mother did not warn you about?

Well she definitely warned me that payback is a bitch (in so many words). 
I am worried about my daughters' teen years since the eye rolling has already started with my 4 year old. Once my 5 month old realizes she can do it I am sure she will follow right behind. 

One thing though she didn't warn me about was that I would turn out just like her, no matter how hard I tried not to (and I am ok with that!). I think every girl makes it a point to NOT be like their mother, am I right?!?  I find myself saying things like "Ella, be charitable," and "That Missy Franklin is some swimmer, isn't she?"  Those are things my Mom used to say, and still says. Give me a few more years until my daughters are in school and I will be asking things like this "Are those two an item?" about their friends and reminding her "No booze, no drugs, and no sex" before I drop her off for school dances (that was always the last thing they said to me before I left the house usually). I think my parents still said that to me when I was college and they would probably like to still say it to me today. But the whole married and over 21 thing kind of makes it a moot point, right? :)



3. I know you are launching your own style consultation business soon, 
can you tell me a little about this?

I am the most comfortable when dealing with and talking about fashion! I always seemed to help friends with what to wear or how to wear something but I never knew how to make a career out of it in good old York, PA, where I live. After starting this little blog of mine I got to thinking how I could make it happen...I was just too scared to do it, worried it would be a complete failure. After some thinking I thought screw it I am doing it! What do I have to lose? 

Basically, what I will be offering once it launches is style sessions with a client. I will work at home in their closet, creating outfits/looks with what they already own. You'd be surprised with how many outfits you can create! I will also offer shopping sessions (both with them in person and online if a client lives far away!) in which I will go shopping  based on their budget and help them find what is best for their body type and to also find new pieces for their closet! 

Its something that I love to do so I am pretty excited to get it up and running! 
I have my first session next Friday...so here goes nothing! :) 

4. What are your must-have fashion items for spring?

Anything with stripes. They are pretty big this spring. Whether its shoes, a shirt, dress, etc. Stripes are the way to go. 

Also a classic chambray. I think that's something that won't be going out of style any time soon. It's such a diverse article of clothing and is so easy to transition from season to season.

 Lastly, a lightweight blazer (or 10...I have a thing for blazers). I am addicted to blazers because they can be styled so many ways. Warmer weather is no exception! 

5. When did you first learn you have a passion for fashion?

I've always been into shopping. In high school as soon as I got my paycheck I went to the mall. It wasn't until college really that I started to realize that I enjoyed more than just the shopping aspect of it. Living with my girls for 4 years helped feed the passion! I was always offering fashion advice. From there it never really stopped...I would say the passion grew! And now, here I am with my fashion/beauty blog and starting my style consultation business! 

I like to think all of my shopping in high school (and not saving...oops) has helped lead me to where I am now in my own little (and I mean little...but comfortable) niche in the fashion world. 


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter