Good Friday

As you can see from the hundreds of photos I'm about to post,
last Friday started out so well for me.
My mom, sister, and I took Knox to the zoo in Omaha.
And just in case you're not familiar with The Henry Doorly Zoo, it's pretty awesome.
I actually think it's the best in the country, but then again I could be a little partial.
But I challenge you to take a stroll through the Lied Jungle and try to tell me otherwise.

More jungle...

And then a quick trip to the aquarium.

Knox was terrified of the sharks.
I was terrified of the goldfish who looked like an angry fifty year old banker.
So I think you can tell I was having a pretty good Good Friday.
That is until I got the airport and things went as following:
Arrive at airport around roughly 12:30.
Board flight at 1:30.
Get told plane has "engine problems" around 2:20.
Proceed to wait on runway...
(with no air conditioning as the first bout of spring sunshine poured through the plastic windows.)
2:50 still waiting on plane.
3:10 about to have a breakdown.
3:15 the baggage gets to leave before the passengers.
3:20 the passengers are told the flight is "officially cancelled."
I don't want to relive what else happened after this because things got a little rough.
Let's just say me and Jana from the ticket counter really got into it,
I had to politely ask her to stop talking to me like I was a five year old!
I finally got on a plane around 7:00 p.m., I was literally the last passenger on board so you can imagine
the fun of that situation.
I landed in Chicago around 8:15, and was on my couch by 9:30.
It was a long painful day that had originally started off so damn good.

 I was most upset I had spent one of the first nice days of the year stuck in an airport.
Luckily, the rest of the weekend turned out pretty nice as well.


I'm not sure if Chris is sitting down in this photo, or if Harlow had just pulled him down...

Here's to hoping more nice weather is on its way.
Happy Monday.



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter