The Saturday Takeover


I'm jumping the gun here and introducing you all to a new segment that will be going up
on my blog every Saturday for awhile now in an attempt to 
get us through this last stretch of winter.


The new segment I'm playing around with is called The Saturday Takeover.
It's like Chasing The Saturdays from E! except not at all. 
And if you have no idea what I'm talking about consider yourself lucky.

Every Saturday I will ask one of you a series of questions about yourself
and your blog.
So if any of you have ever wanted the opportunity to be interviewed, this is your chance.
Naturally, I've always wanted to be Barbara Walters, so really this is my chance.

And since we're talking shop, I figure now is as good as time as any to give you all 
a few stats as of late.

*Daily Page Views: 3,500- 4,000

*Last Month Page Views: 94,000

*All Time Page Views: 615,000


Followers via 
GFC, Twitter, Instagram & Facebook: 6,000

Now if you'd like the chance to share a little more information about yourself and your blog on
 The Saturday Takeover segment click here.

I'm going to go ahead and introduce you all to the first lovely blogger I've had the chance to get to know a little better...


1. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in Februrary of 2010.  I found out I was pregnant and I thought it would be a fun way to keep family involved and up to date with my pregnancy.  
Turned out I really loved blogging and sharing stories of our adventures. 

2. If your blog was made into a movie, what would it be called and what type of genre?
Huh...this is a great question!  I think Adventures in Mommyhood would be a great movie title.  It always reminds me of Adventures in Babysitting, and we all know that was a great movie!  
The genre of the movie would definitely be comedy, because life with a kid is always humorous, 
and I like to think I'm somewhat funny.

3. When you're not blogging, what do you do?
When I'm not blogging, I'm usually playing with my two year old son, Max.  I like to find educational/fun activities for him to do.  My husband works for the Phoenix Coyotes, so we love hockey and go to all the home games.  I'm also an avid reader so when nap time comes around you'll either find me reading or catching up on my predicable and dramafilled soap, General Hospital. 

4. What is your favorite thing about weekends?
My favorite thing about the weekends would be spending quality time as a family of three.  Whether it be going to the latest weekend festival (we just went to a chocolate festival...AMAZING), library, park, or watching a family movie.  I love time spent with my two favorite boys. 

5. What is your dream job?
My dream job would be to own a childrens book store like Meg Ryan's character from 
You've Got Mail.  1.) I love books.  2.) I love kiddos.   
You can tell I've thought about this a lot!

6. If you could have one super power what would it be?
Hmm...just one?  I actually just googled a list of super hero powers.  There are quite a few!   Maybe it's the mom in me, but I think if I had one super power it would be the power to heal.  
Kid has a cut-Bam healed.  He breaks a bone-Bam healed.  

7. What is your goal for your blog?
The goal for my blog is to keep up with updating family and friends about our adventures.  It's an online baby book, and I will one day turn it into just that.  People have seen Max grow up, and they'll continue to do so with him and our new addition in May.   Some might find it weird that I like giving people a look into our daily life (my husband included).  I love reading blogs, and am a self proclaimed blog whore.  Sad, but so true.

8. If you could do anything all day long what would it be?
Well I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant, and I could seriously eat chocolate all day.  I'm not even kidding.  I told my husband that I either need to do a sugar detox or just be hooked up to an iv of sugar.  It's bad.  If I wasn't pregnant and was instead acting like a normal person, I could spend all day at Barnes and Noble surrounded by books.  Talk about a good time.

9. What is your favorite thing about being mom?
Growing up I knew I wanted to have kids.  I love kids.  I was a 3rd grade teacher for 7 years.  When I became a mom...it's such a different feeling.  My favorite thing about being a mom is just that, being someones mom.  The first time I heard Max call me Mama, my heart melted.  I'm always going to be needed by him and his sister, and I love that.


10. Any advice for new moms out there?
My advice to new moms would be to take one day at a time. You learn as you go, and you know what's best for your baby.  As first time moms we tend to doubt our mommy skills, and we get a lot of unwanted advice from people who know all.   Smile and nod, and at the end of the day you're going to do great!

You can find Jennifer's blog by clicking here.

Follow Jennifer of Twitter @JenWink08
and on Instagram @JenWink08

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter