Super Bowl and stuff

 Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
I don't know about you, but I'm very excited to see some good commercials today.
As long as I see two things I'll be happy:
babies dressed as adults
and animals dressed as humans.
You can't go wrong with either of these combinations when making a funny commercial.
I really could care less about the actual game,
today is all about good food, good drinks, and the puppy bowl.


I know it's probably not a shock to anyone that I enjoy the puppy bowl way too much.
You know who else enjoys it?
Harlow. Obviously.
This is him glued to the screen last year.
I'm sure this year it won't be any different.

All in all it's been a pretty good weekend thus far.
Friday night Chris and I tired out a restaurant a few blocks away we've been meaning to get to called
The Peasantry.
The food was amazing.
We ordered the smoked oyster bruschetta to start,
then the lobster mac, a beef and bone marrow burger, and truffle fries.
(We're both on very strict diets.)




The only thing that pissed me off about this place was the fact I ordered a $10 cocktail
and when it tasted like a glass full of apple cider fizz (not even kidding)
after one sip I ever so politely told our server
"I'm really sorry, but this drink just isn't what I was expecting"
and her first response was,
"okay well you're not getting your money back."
How many times have I sent back drinks in my life? Probably twice.
I went to college in Nebraska, I've drank a lot of nasty shit in my time,
so for me to send something back it has to be pretty awful.
She then went on to ask,
"well why did you even order it?"
I wasn't necessarily expecting to get the drink taken off the bill,
but I certainly wasn't expecting such a snotty response and then to be grilled about why I chose the drink in the first place. Geesh.

Unfortunately for me the service is a big part of my dining experience.
So even though I enjoyed our food, our waitress kinda ruined the place for me.
However those truffle fries were so damn good I'll probably go back again.
But don't worry, I really showed the snotty waitress in the end,
 I left her this note on the receipt-


Original, I know.
And yes, I always sign tabs with my blog name. Don't you?

Gotta go.
Super Bowl Dip is calling my name.
I'm just coming out of food coma (foma) #1 from my first session with the dip,
time to go at it again.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter