Commercial Recaps

And so another Monday has snuck up on us.
I'm having one of those days where everything is a struggle.
Maybe it's because Chicago is covered in snow yet again,
or then again it could be the fact I'm still recovering from the thirty six pounds of cheese dip I ate yesterday.

Mixing together a block of cheese with hamburger and beans might sound good in theory,
but in reality it's just painful.
I'm quite certain I'm almost slipped into cardiac arrest at two different times yesterday.
Once was during Alicia Key's twenty eight minute national anthem and the other
was during the blackout.
By God I was relieved as hell to hear that I wasn't the only one who saw the stadium go dark at that moment.

As for the commercials this year, well they were less than par if you ask me.
Of course the "God Made a Farmer" spot was a huge hit on my Nebraska born Facebook feed,
if you can imagine that.

I don't want to burst anyone's stereotypical bubble, but a lot of the farmers I knew growing up were quite cranky, smelled like cow shit, and often drank too much.
And rightfully so, if I had to get up at 4 a.m. every morning to work seven days a week I'd probably
roll in cow shit as well and not care what anyone thought while tipping back the Jack.
Paul Harvey should have added that in there.
Speaking of Paul, he's the real hero in this commercial if you ask me.
Still giving us AM quality dialogue from up above.
Paul Harvey, good day.

And then there was that Clydesdale commercial...

Or rather I should say the commercial about Harlow.
I was in tears almost the whole damn time.
I just imagined selling little Harlow off to Budweiser and never seeing him again.
 Until one magical day he came back to Chicago for a parade and then there he'd be all tall and proud living out his dream trotting alongside the other Clydesdales.

He wouldn't notice me at first, but as soon as he'd catch a glimpse,
 undoubtedly he'd come running right over and knock me down to the ground in joy.
I'd cry because I missed him, and yet I'd smile because I knew it was right.

 Seriously though, Harlow loves horses.
Here he is watching rodeo clips on Youtube.
We humor him and just go along with it.

But really the one thing that caught my eye most about yesterday
was John Maucere.

AKA Lydia Callis's arch nemesis.
Or secret lover?

AKA AKA 
Eddie Munster all grown up and doing fab!


Talk about a show stopper.
Forget Beyonce. Next year he's the half time show.
With or without lights.
If he's not already on the docket for Signing with the Stars he better be!
Because this guy was awesome.

But I've already spent far too much time on this post than I intended.
It's time to change out of my bathrobe and get this day going.

Tune back later for a Bachelor Recap.
Should be exciting, I heard Chandelier runs a car into the house or something.
Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter