Dear Fit Girl

Dear Fit Girl Fitness,

I'd just like to start off by saying even though I originally swore to myself I'd never
work out at an establishment with the word "girl" in it-
(i.e. Flirty Girl Fitness, Work It Girl Studio, & Go Girl Boot Camp)
I've broken my own rule and am happily enjoying your $20 unlimited classes this week.


Sure it's taken some getting used to,
what with the bright pink walls everywhere and the instructors constantly shouting
"motivate your fellow Fit Girl next to you!"
but as soon as I tell that cynical little voice inside my head to stop making fun of everything
and be more open to trying new things like this,
I'm really starting to love it.
It's like I'm a part of a sorority again.
 A much sweatier, less intoxicated sorority.

You may or may not have noticed I lied on my application when I checked
"moderate" regarding how often I workout.
Unless of course moderate to you means once a year, in that case we're fine.
So I hope I didn't cause you any alarm in last night's Advanced Ballet Body Boot Camp
when twenty minutes into the workout I curled up into a ball in the corner of the room and
started dry heaving.
That's pretty standard for me.
They don't call em Burpees for nothing, am I right?

After only two days of working out I am actually motivated to get in shape again.
(Must be my fellow Fit Girls pushing me.)
I want a tight stomach and strong arms,
and damn it I want to look as tiny as the little twig next to me does.
I know you say we're "supposed to concentrate on our own bodies"
but Skinny McGee next to me is lifting twice the amount of weight I am
and I haven't seen her use the "I'm adjusting my ponytail" trick when she needs an extra break
even once.
So yes, I'm noticing her.
I'm also noticing the girl in front of me should have worn underwear.
Sorry, I can't help it! Some yoga pants are embarrassingly see through.



But you know what I'm not noticing?
Naked old lady in the locker room. And that is obviously a huge relief for me.
 I'm not sure if this type of gym just isn't her thing,
or perhaps she's just hidden away for the winter.
Regardless, it's nice not to have to avoid awkward eye contact when she's slinging her saggy fun bags around for all to see.
It makes for a safer environment for all. Especially the shorter women.

Anyway, all the being said.
These past two days have also reminded me why I hate exercising.
There's just something about being in a room lined with mirrors,
surrounded by spandex clad strangers that are all sweating and breathing heavily
that makes me incredibly uncomfortable and claustrophobic.
I go into Anne Frank mode and start looking at the floorboards wondering
how I could crawl through them.

But I'm a fighter.
So I will be back for a third round of barre class tonight.
However after this $20 week is up I might have to go back to my normal workout
routine of doing sporadic jumping jacks while waiting for the microwave to end,
or doing a quick lunge here and there during RHBH commercial breaks.
Only time will tell.

XOXO
Fit Girl Taylor

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter