Suggestions for the Super Bowl

It is officially freezing in Chicago.
So cold in fact my locks decided to say screw it and just stop working today.
Luckily Chris was still home when I took Harlow for a walk this morning because
when I came back and tried to put my key in there was no budging.
I was locked out.
Harlow's a bit of an alarmist, so after waiting at the door for no more than two seconds
he immediately started scratching at the door and barking like we'd been locked out for days.
He's a city dog, he has no idea what it means to be left outside alone.
I once tied him to our front fence with an emergency can of mace just in case
while I ran inside to get something and he still went nuts.
He watches way too much CSI.

Needless to say, we will not be making a trip to the park today.
It's way too frigid.
We're just gonna have to make due with playing hide-and-seek inside for awhile instead.
That always tires him out. I hide in the shower and he can never find me.
It's pretty cute.
Having a dog in the city during the winter isn't nearly as fun as having a dog in the summer.
Do you know what's it's like to have to leash your dog to go to the bathroom
ten times a day in sub degree temps?
I imagine it's somewhat like what Rose felt laying on that piece of wood in the Atlantic ocean.
When it's freezing rain I try to just wait in the doorway and put him on an extra long leash
to go out on his own and I whisper,
"I'll never let go! I'll never let go!!!!"
But he just stands there and looks at me insisting I go with.
If only Jack would have done the same...

The newest trick I have to distract him is this.

I just found out yesterday he is crazily obsessed with frosted sugar cookies.
I'm talking about those super cheap, overly soft, pre packaged pieces of calorie heaven.
I gave him one bite and suddenly he turned into Lena Dunham on ecstasy.
I've seriously never seen him go so crazy for a treat before, and he's had a lot of good treats in his life.
He was rolling on the ground with his feet in the air,
then he started running hot laps all over our tiny apartment,
and then he proceeded to whimper and stare longingly at the cabinet where he knew the cookies were with a consistent string of drool for about an hour.
That's a new record for him.
The little guy is persistent, I've gotta give him that.

So currently Harlow and I are still sitting in our office trying to finish up our work for the day.

As you can tell he's super pissed because he still hasn't gotten his cookie for the day.
and also because I discovered he's been putting alcohol in the I heart NY mug of his.
I told him he has to make at least ten more phone calls.
It's like working with a child sometimes I swear...

Well anyway,
 I had originally intended to write a post about my Super Bowl advice for
Sunday but this is all I could come up with-

1. Make sure your phones are fully charged.
I can't stress this enough.
When the funny commercials aren't on TV, you will have plenty of time to play on your phone all day.

2. Wear loose clothing.
Do you want to sit in tight jeans for five hours after eating a pound of cheese dip and washing
it down with eight beers?
I certainly don't.

So there you have it,
charge your phones and wear loose pants and you'll be good to go on Sunday.
Then again that's just kinda my general life motto for everyday.

Now I'm off to start Browsing.
I've been sent so many great blogs in the past few days I think you will all be very happy with today's selections.
And if you're not, stop complaining and send me your blog already.
P.S. Tomorrow I'll be unveiling a new feature on The Browse
with the help and collaboration of this gal.
So stay tuned...
Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter