Today

So what do we do now.
Tighter gun control to prevent this from happening in the future?
Sure, good idea. How about we make meth and cocaine illegal as well so people can no longer do drugs.
Let's also bring God back into the schools.
I personally don't think it can ever hurt to have God involved in things,
and I find it sad there is no mention of Him in schools any more.
But I guess I'm open minded enough to know not everyone shares my views on this.
Who cares though. Let's force our views onto everyone anyway.
Just because I happen to believe in the one God I do, everyone else should too.
No, no, here's the best idea.
Let's instead use this horrible tragedy to post mass statuses on Facebook about our own
personal platforms, and then proceed to watch the arguments that unfold in the comments below.
(Just look at all the "likes" you're getting!)
If more arguments and fighting won't solve this problem, nothing will.

Here's a weird thought.
What if everybody waited just a few more days to start fighting with each other about
possible solutions to this violence,
and instead we focused on the fact that two families are having to bury their children today.
Noah and Jack.
Jack was an avid sports fan, New York Giants receiver Victor Cruz, played
yesterday's game with Jack's name written all over his cleats and gloves.

As for Noah, well he was the youngest victim of this evil rampage.
His twin sister, Arielle, managed to escape.

I get that everyone is asking why.
And in doing so they're looking for answers, which in turn leads to arguments.
Who's to blame? There has to be a reason for this. We as humans need a reason.
Blame guns, video games, lack of God, or the shooter's parents.
Truth is, I know a lot of good parents who raise kids that aren't so good.
And I also know a lot of awesome people that came from parents that weren't so good.
So can we really throw that stone at this point?

People aren't supposed to be capable of such horrific things.
I mean I have a mini heart attack every time I almost hit a squirrel.
I thought everyone else did too.

I don't know what I'm saying here.
Who am I to judge the people who want to fight with each other on Facebook.
To each their own, I guess.
As for me, I choose to think about the victims at this moment.
I keep thinking about the Christmas gifts that will go unopened.
The little rooms that will remain untouched. The small pjs that probably still lay in the laundry basket.
The siblings who don't understand why their brother or sister didn't come home from school.
And why their parents will never be the same again.
In doing so I hope it will help me to be a little kinder to everyone I pass.
I need to honk less when people cut me off,
be more patient with others while out and about,
offer to help someone who looks like they might need it.

Is this going to solve the world's problems?
Probably not, but I don't think it will hurt.
You never know when someone is at the end of their rope,
just waiting for that final straw to push them over the edge.
What if instead they're waiting for that one random act of kindess,
that could pull them back?
We're all fighting battles out there.

And now after such a dark post I'm going to leave you with some happier thoughts
to remind you that good people still exist.
All from 26 Moments That Restored Our Faith in Humanity This Year

The New York police man who bought a warm pair
of boots for the homeless man.

The soccer team that gave their team manager a chance to start.

The owner who comforts his dog's aching arthritis to pay him back for when
the dog comforted him during a time in his life where he contemplated suicide.

And one more happy thought-
the winner of the giveaway from last week is Jen Foley! Congrats!
Any relation to Matt I wonder?

Have a good day.
Be thankful for what you have.

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter