Rock, Paper, Scissors

And Saturday was the day Chris and I celebrated the fact we've officially been dating for five years.
I didn't think we were doing gifts this year,
(because we're a bit low on the finances on account of the fact we go out to dinner five nights a week,
 and order apps and drinks like we're two wealthy old fat people)
but Chris surprised me with a pair of Lululemon yoga pants.
Once you go Lulu, you can't go back. I'm obsessed. He did good.
And now I'm also wondering if these pants are supposed to be some sort of hint...
Perhaps it's time I start working out again.

Anyway, he also took me out for a great dinner. Even though we didn't go to Rainforest cafe,
the spot he picked was almost as good.
It's a little gem downtown called the Ralph Lauren restaurant.

Just ten days ago Oprah and J Biebs had lunch here. Not that I think that's cool or anything...
We started with crab cakes, escargot, and a couple of dirty martinis.
(Remember how I said we're low on the finances, this is why.)
And then I insisted we walk down memory lane of the past five years...

September 2007- We met at a frat party.
He thinks I'm too sarcastic.
I think I'm incredibly witty.

On September 23rd he added me on Facebook. 
I think I squealed. Thanks for this one, Zucky.

October 2007 we played Rock Paper Scissors Drink 
Because we were still too awkward around each other to just casually drink
and needed to find a way to binge drink.
I'm not saying I'm proud of this...

Mid October 2007
We went on our first official date.
(This was literally the first date I'd ever been on.)
It was everything first dates should be: painfully awkward and incredibly awesome.

November 3rd 2007 Chris asked me to be his girlfriend.
We were hanging out at his frat house, he was eating a meat trio from Jimmy Johns,
and when he offered me a bite I had to decline because I was still in NGS (New Girlfriend Stage.)
I swore to myself that night I'd never again be a new girlfriend and have to turn down
a bite of a meat trio.

And then he told me he was going to Europe for the next six months...
Big bummer. I was pissed.

So in March of 2008 I came to visit.

And then on May 16th, 2008 
Chris returned and surprised me on my 21st birthday.
Besides the fact he'd been lying to me for the past two months
regarding when he was actually returning from Spain,
this was a pretty great surprise.

So then we were living in the same state again and all was good.

That is until I got a job in Kansas City...

May 2009 I moved to Kansas City.
(Living three hours a part.)
I cried for most of the trip down there. I still don't know why I did this.
I've always been pretty impulsive.

March 2010 Chris took a job in St. Louis.
(Now living 3.5 hours a part.)
So I drove there almost every weekend...

July 2010 we took a trip to Chicago.
I told him it would be fun to live here some day...

One month later Chris found out he got repositioned to Topeka, Kansas.
And I cried. And cried. 
And then moved to Topeka with him.

The entire town smelled of beer farts and satanic worship.
(Because of the Frito Lay factory and the Westboro Baptist Church.)
Let's just say it wasn't the best place for us to be...
So nine months later we said later Peker and moved to Chicago.

And then on November 3rd 2012 we dined at Ralph Lauren.

And I know you might be wondering when we're gonna take that next big step...
Of course we talk about it. And of course we both want it.
The fact is we're just not ready yet.
But when that special day comes that Chris looks me deep in the eyes, 
and asks that very important question of,
should we get another dog?
I know I'll say yes, yes we should!

Happy Daylight Savings.
Hope you're all enjoying this 57 hour day like I am.
Unless of course you're in Arizona, and in that case I want to know how on earth
you know what time your TV shows are on tonight?!



Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter