Why We Love Hocus Pocus

Because Thora Burch was about as good as it got in the 90s.
She was the sassy spitfire every eight year old wanted to be.

I mean who didn't idolize Teeny from Now and Then?
And don't even get me started on Monkey Trouble.

When little Dani first awoke the Sanderson Sisters and just rolled with it by pretending to be
a fellow witch, I remember thinking, man this girl is clever as shit.
And she needs an Oscar.

And besides Dani, can you think of a prettier 90s girl than Allison?
An old fashioned Halloween party in a mansion?
Now that's cool.

Allison gave dorky guys hope everywhere.
Because let's be honest, the only thing Max had going for him was his sweet ass bedroom.
If ever there was a time I had an obsession with attic rooms, it was this time.
Tie Dye is so California.

Even though I always thought Max was annoying,
these two douchers really pissed me off. I can hardly watch this scene to this day.
I mean who steals sneakers? Seriously.
And wouldn't stealing candy from a child be labeled sexual assault or something?
These two gotta go.

As for these three...
Well they changed Halloween as we knew it.
And I'm also pretty sure this might have been the only time in SJP's life she was known
as the "pretty one." No offense, SJP, you know I love you.
The Sanderson Sisters would create lasting feuds between little girls for years to come
based solely on who got to be "Sarah." Everyone wanted to be Sarah.
Nobody wanted to be Mary. But that's because she could only talk out of the corner of her mouth.
What the hell was with that?

When Sarah sang Come Little Children I was sold.
I would have gone anywhere.
In fact, I still like to listen to that song this time of year just for shits and giggles.
Come little children, I will take thee away... Into a place of enchantment....

The black river. The Devil scene with the dog. Headless Billy. Binx coming back to life.
The parents dancing for the rest of their lives.
It's just all so good. I could go on for days.
But I need to stop.

Bottom line,
to say this movie changed our generation would be an understatement.

XOXO,
Emily Binx

Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter