Thoughts On the Mid 20s

So I thought I would have more money by now.
Pretty sure I had a bigger savings account as an eighteen year old than I do at twenty five.
If only I could have another high school graduation party...

Senior Pic in the house. Lol what a waste of money. Sorry, mom.

I thought knowing what I want to "do" in life would make things easier.
It doesn't. I think it makes it harder because I'm not doing it.
Yet...

I thought someone would clue me into the fact when it's time I stop renting,
 and instead start saving for a house or something.
They didn't, I had to find out on Facebook via eighty six different  "Officially a Home Owner!" statues
 that I'm a few steps behind the game.

I thought I was a saver. Turns out I blow through money like a Duggar at Dress Barn.
Jk they make their own clothes. 

For awhile I thought every other twentysomething had it figured out except me,
but now I know that's only their Facebook persona.
But keep on keeping with the "I'm so lucky I have the best job/husband/life" statuses.
They get my ass off the couch during the week.

I thought taking out as many student loans as possible in college so I could go
on spring break every year was a good idea. It wasn't.
I will be broke for the next 20+ years thanks to Acapulco, South Padre, Europe and San Fran.

I really thought I would have won the lottery by now.
Then again, it's Wednesday night...

And here's some things I never thought.

I never thought I'd be living in Chicago right now.
And yet I can't imagine being anywhere else.

I never thought I'd love my insanely bizarre improv classes at the Second City
as much as I do. But I do.
Last night we built an imaginary sand castle for 30 minutes. No talking.
To be honest, I hated that part, I sat against the wall the entire time and drank my imaginary Corona, but I like everything else.

I never thought I'd be so obsessed with a dog.
On that same note- I never thought I'd have to pick up dog shit five times a day either...

I never thought the Kardashians would still be around.
I think I need to accept them into my life.
Same with Farrah from Teen Mom.
And Ali Fedowsky.
And Lauren Conrad.
And every other reality "star" I have bitterness toward just because they're rich and don't have to work.

I never thought the mid twenties would be like this i.e.-
I can't afford to buy things I should, I buy shit I shouldn't, I'm confused a lot,
never know what my next move is, don't know where I'm going, drink too much sometimes,
don't drink enough sometimes, spend too much time on social media, worry about useless shit,
don't worry about important shit, say the word shit too much...

And yet whatever all of this is,
I'm digging it.
At least I don't have a bowl cut anymore.

And on that note I need to go buy a lotto ticket.



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter