It's Coming!

Brace yourself, because it's coming.
Today is October 25th, and that means in two months it will be December 25th.
And that means...
IT'S HOLIDAY TIME!!!

It's as good as here. And I could not be more thrilled.
I love Christmas as much as Facebook people love quoting Buddy the Elf and Home Alone.
It's true. I love every last thing about it.
I love decorating for Christmas.

As I've said before, apartment space is hard to come by in Chicago.
However that doesn't stop me from decorating the shit out of my place.
This year I will literally be taking furniture to my storage unit to make room for the Winter Wonderland I have planned. And I'm not kidding, sorry Chris.
(Chances are Chris won't read this post until March, anyway. He's a "bulk reader.")

I love really nice decorations, but I'm not going to pretend I don't have a soft spot for really
corny decor, as well. Paper chains and countdown calendars are every where.
Look closely and you'll see an awesome Macy's Day Parade Jack-in-the-box in the photo.
But don't tell Harlow, he literally shits himself just by looking at that toy.

And Christmas music starts playing on repeat starting November 1st.
This is the one time of year I will listen to Mariah Carey without wanting to shoot myself.
So I make it worth it. All I Want For Christmas is my jam.
Followed by some NSYNC and Britney. And I'm not going to pretend I don't enjoy some Jessica Simpson this time of year, as well.
Those pop singers have holiday music figured out.
When I want to tone things down a bit I like to cozy up with some Kenny G.
His instrumentals bring me to tears. And then when I really want to jazz things up I put on some
Mannheim Steamroller. Oh baby, those guys are musical magicians.

And then I also love Christmas parties...
And Christmas sweaters...

Wait a second, is Chris wearing the same red snowman sweater I was wearing in the photo above?
Why yes, yes he is.
Looks way better on him.

And then there's the holiday light parade downtown.
I'll be damned if I let any kids push me out of my spot this year.
Night parades are for adults. Everybody knows that.

In other words if you're not a holiday person I'm giving you fair warning
that this will be a common topic of conversation for the next two months.
And then come January I shall slip into a very deep dark depression,
but let's not worry about that now.
Because it's almost
CHRISTMAS!!!!

And ps- I plan on sharing numerous old Christmas photos through out the next few months, as well.
Thanks mom, for making sweetly suggesting we do this every year.
Gotta love perms.
And child sized blazers.



Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter