Just Another Great Monday

Per the usual, Monday morning snuck up on me like the nasty little hooker she is.
(Because yes, I often get snuck up on by hookers. It's weird, I know.)
This Monday started a bit earlier than the norm-
I was actually in my car on the road to Milwaukee by 6:00 a.m.
I don't know about you, but that's quite early for me.
Being on the road at that time meant I had to be up by at least 5:52 a.m.
I should clarify and let you know that I treat my morning routine very similar to that of a five year old.
I'm big on showering at night, it's a habit I started in kindergarden and just can't break.
This allows me to quickly roll out of bed, brush my teeth/wash my face,
grab my makeup and a cup of cereal,
and get out the door.
Today my outfit of choice was work pants with a nice hooded sweatshirt and slippers.
Of course I bring my "nice clothes" to change into, but I know just one of these times I'll forget.
It wouldn't be the first time.
In fact the last time I forgot, this was the shirt I ended up wearing all day:

And if you think I'm joking check out this post for a complete recap.

But anyway,
the only bad thing about getting ready in the car, is car lighting.
Half the time I think the mirror in my car is a trick mirror because one minute I look twenty five,
and then I look a little too closely and suddenly I see Old Lady Idgie from Fried Green Tomaters staring back at me.
Hello sun spots... Sure am glad I spent all those high school years in the tanning bed.
-said small town girls every where.
I guess it's better I see her than Kathy Bates staring back at me, right?
Right.

But today was the big BMX bike show kick off. And just as expected, pants were shit.
The only way I can think to describe the kids when I start mentioning prizes
is to compare it to the SNL's Oprah's Favorite Things skit-

as soon as I said "light up" their heads started spinning in complete circles
and green vomit was spraying out every where.
It was intense.
On that note- I need to get some lunch.
And Harlow needs a walk. Then again, maybe he doesn't.
He hasn't moved from this spot since I walked in the door.

Oh, the life of Harlow.
It's most likely better than yours and mine.
Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter