Still Celebrating...

Long time, no blog.
I've just been so busy celebrating America's birthday for what feels like 10 days now.
Oh wait, that's exactly how long I have been celebrating for.
I'm starting to get a little tired at this point.

On the actual 4th I attended the very exciting
"Norfolk 4th of July" parade.
It's a lot like the Macy's Day parade.
Except not at all.


Here's Knox saluting as the flag went by.

Pretty sure there were only three actual floats that went by,
and the rest of the parade consisted of
tractors, trucks, and old men driving go carts.


And can't forget about the rodeo queens.

Or the roller derby girls,
(even though I think we'd all like to.)


My favorite part was that a majority of the trucks were driven by children.
Seriously.
I saw more than a few times when a kid was
sitting on the driver's lap holding the wheel
as they smiled and waved to everyone.
And I seemed to be the only one who found this a bit odd.
Even the police man beside me smiled and waved back.
Oh, small towns how I love thee.

And the rest of the week was spent at Chris's lake cabin
boating, drinking, and dog-tubing.

More to come on this later...

I'm still struggling at the moment due to last night's shenanigans
at the Schafersman Tiki Hut.
There was a lot of sand rolling, beer bonging from a flamingo,
and if I'm correct my very good friend
(let's just call her Roy for now)
 had taken to walking around in only a tank top and thong by the end of the night.
We're just a classy bunch like that.

I'm off to one more firework show for the night
and then the celebrations will finally come to a stop.

Thanks for another great 4th of July America,
it's been real.


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter