America, the Beautiful

Happy 4th of July everybody.
Hope yours has been just as (un)eventful as mine.
Here's a little peak of how I've celebrated America's bday in Nebraska thus far...

Lots of time spent lounging around the pool.


and taking photos of Knox...

Knox is the first member of the official 2012
"2nd Generation Kids Table."
Although I still feel most comfortable at this table myself.
Clearly Knox does too.
Is it me or does he look eerily similar to an old man 
smoking a cigar (french fry) reaching for his whiskey (ketchup.)


And now some might call my desire to decorate my house in
"slightly" too much seasonal decor O.C.D.
I prefer to call it M.O.M.
Just a look at a few of my mother's patriotic decorations:







It's all about attention to detail my mom says...
Chris says it's all about being neurotic.
He just doesn't appreciate our love for decorating for holidays.

And lastly just a few fireworks.
This time of year I always pity "city kids" and the fact they will never truly
know the meaning of the 4th of July:
i.e. lighting firecrackers and feeling as if you are truly in a war zone
thanks to the constants booms going off all night.
All. Night. Long.
and yes, I do believe Lionel Richie was referring to firecrackers going off
in Norfolk, Nebraska in his infamous song.

Poor Harlow decided this is the year he no longer likes the booms.
I've got this theory that all dogs were former war veterans in another life.
This is such a hard time for them, what with all of the bad memories it must bring
up from their past lives in 'Nam.
No wonder they hang out under the bed/basement/bathroom/under the table/any other hiding spot
they can find.

Now we're off to the annual 4th of July parade
to catch some free candy and wave at police men.
#smalltownamerica

Happy Bday, America.
I'm glad you like to drink as much as I do.








Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter