Summer in the City

Oh, what another wonderful weekend in Chicago.
Yesterday, Chris and I were just Jenny and Johnny Productive
and hopped all around the city doing fun things.
We started off at the Lincoln Park Farmer's Market.

It was packed! Like overwhelmingly so.
It was full of beautiful fresh flowers and fresh meats and cheeses
and on-the-spot crepes and smoothies and just everything delicious.
I guess where I grew up people took the term "farmers market"
a little more literal.


Back in Norfolk, Nebraska the "farmers market" consists
of old fat farmers opening up the beds of their pickup trucks
(typically in the Salvation army parking lot)
and selling their still dirt covered(yet always fresh and quite good) crops to the locals.
Things are just slightly different in Chicago...

After the market we segued over to a great little cafe
for a light lunch outside 
and a few Saturday morning cocktails.


I love Caprese salad. And yet I always forget I don't like tomatoes.
So I guess I should say I love mozzarella and basil drenched in balsamic.

Next stop on our fun filled day:
The "Do Division" festival in Bucktown/Wicker Park.


We don't get over to this part of the city much.
And yesterday I was reminded why.
Because it's hipsterville, and I'm just not hip enough.
It really is a great area with fun restaurants and bars but no matter how hard I try to look cool,
I always end up looking so "two weeks ago."
Me with my stupid Tory Burch flip flops, colored Gap jeans, and my long boring shirt that didn't reveal my stomach.
I looked like such a square.
I needed a crop top (presumably made from a lace table cloth)
cut off jean shorts (presumably made for a jean table cloth)
and tall combat boots.
Nothing says summer, like lace up black boots.

Three hours later, we were hipstered out and ready to head back to Lincoln Park.
Being the squares that we are,
Chris and I finished the night off in our own little yard with red wine 
and steaks from the farmers market.

And I'm going to pretend we didn't watch at least 
four hours of the History Channel's "Hatfields vs McCoys" last night
because that would have been very lame.

But that Johnse is just so good looking...






Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter