Graduation Time!

Last night I said tomorrow is going to be better.
And I was right.
I woke up this morning with the sun shining and I was able to open my eye!



See, I don't ask for much,
just a little sunshine, and a little eye sight.
It's the small things....
My eye is better, not 100%, however I haven't attempted to gauge it out with a butter knife once today!
So that has to be a good sign.
And it's also that time of the month (let me finish)
when I start to get all sorts of bday coupons in the mail!
DSW? I wasn't planning on getting new shoes... 
but since I have a coupon for $10 off I pretty much have to now.
TJ Maxx... I could buy that flat iron I've been needing and candles for the new apartment we will be moving into in one week!
And the best for last,
my beloved Starbucks "free birthday drink" coupon arrived today.
All is finally right in the world.
Sunshine. Eye sight. Coupons.
What a helluva day I'm having.

It's also that time of year when a fresh new batch of college grads are making their way into the real world.
All bright/hungover eyed and bushy tailed.
They have no idea, no idea the hardships they are about to face.
The party is over.
Soon the highlight of their day will be getting coupons in the mail.
Or finding out the pain in their eye is tolerable for the day so they don't have to stress about going to an eye doctor and paying $250...
Pantyhose will have a whole new meaning to them.
So will the phrase, "I better not, I have to work early tomorrow."
Their college pals will start to disperse across the country in search of jobs.
And they'll have to resort to having long conversations with their dog about why is there two Snow White movies coming out at the same time.
(or stuff of that nature.)
Or perhaps they'll just do like the rest of us and start a blog.
I'd definitely recommend it.

Bills. Rent. Bills. Student Loans. Bills. DEBT.
It's a shitstorm heading their way.
I'm just putting it out there, because no one did for me.
I still won't forget the day my mom called me out of the blue and told me my "grace period" was over for my student loans and it was time to start paying back.
I was in Target buying workout clothes (and we know how I feel about workouts)
 and fresh flowers.
Back in my frivolous days of having lots of money I preferred fresh flowers on the table as opposed to fake.
How fancy I was...
When I heard how much I had to start paying every month I immediately started crying right there in Target.
Had my mom been there with me I probably would have gotten on the ground and stomped my feet and hands together too.
But like every toddler knows, a fit is only worthwhile when witnessed in front of someone.
So I pulled myself together enough to buy the six multi color tank tops I absolutely needed,
as well as some miniature buckets, 
small cookies, 
and colorful whistles all from the $1 aisles.
And left my pointless Target shopping sprees behind me.
That was a sad day.

I think what I meant to say after all of that was,
Congrats College Grads!
The Real World is happy to have some fresh faces, the rest of us were all starting to look a little too pale and cynical as of late.
Or maybe that's just me..
This is where I'd like to insert a photo of me at my college graduation but I was the lazy ass who chose not to walk across the stage, or attend the ceremony in general.
And this is a decision I regret every day-
is what most people said I'd say.
Truth be told, I still don't care.


Time to get back outside and enjoy the weather,
it doesn't seem to last for long around here!







Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter