Girl Walks Into a Bar

So last night I attended my first Chicago Theta alum happy hour.


Although it started at 7:30, 
so I would have called it tipsy hour because my happy hour usually starts at 5:00.
I walked in right at 7:33, only because I made myself wait three minutes around the corner because I didn't want to be right on time.
It's a fault of mine I am insanely early for things.
For my last interview I showed up two hours early,
that was kind of an accident/kind of a part of my OCD.
I walked into Kincaids on Armitage street and immediately realized
I didn't know who I was looking for in the bar...
I mean I knew two girls who were going to be there but I couldn't see them as I awkwardly glanced  around pretending to fiddle with my phone.
And then I realized this was probably my first time walking into a bar alone.
It that bad, does that mean I'm not independent?
 Because I swear I'm the most independent person I know. (says the girl walking into a bar alone...)
Anyway,
I sat down at the bar and ordered a Blue Moon.
I felt the need to tell the people around me,
"I'm meeting someone here," 
but luckily I didn't, because they were also alone.
Probably meeting their sorority alumni groups as well.
I got a text from one of the Nebraska girl's in the group, Neleigh, telling me they were downstairs.
So I headed down to meet my new friends.
Again, I don't need to remind you the uncomfort I feel when meeting new people.
It's not that I don't like meeting new people, I'm just bad at it. 
But much to my relief all of the girls were incredibly friendly.
Of course they were, why wouldn't they be? 
They were all my sisters... ha. 
Seriously though, they were nice.
All was going good until we started going around the table saying what we do-
"I'm a lawyer"
"I work in PR"
"I'm a nurse"
"I'm a pharmacist"
"Omg me too!"
"Me too!"
"Not me, I'm just a stupid doctor..."

and then it was my turn...
and I said to myself, oh shit.
"I um, I like to, type, I mean I blog... I'm a blogger. And I wrote a children's book"
 that is basically a best seller (among all of my friends and family...)
But, I'm selling myself short here.
Most of these girls were like four years older,
so four years from now I could probably be a pharmacist too.
For sure. 
and then I took another drink of my beer.


Other than that..
today also happens to be my sister's bday!


And if I know Jade, she's probably wearing this exact sassy zebra crop top out tonight!
Just kidding.
She most certainly wouldn't wear this.
I however, will definitely be wearing the red feather hat for my birthday next weekend.
I can't wait!

Cheers to another Friday!



Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter