May Day Eve

Well...
Looks like my first blog Link Up went over like my first prom dress-
a little bit awkward and very unnecessary.


At least I had a good tan orange going on...
For the record this is the first time I've been officially okay with making this photo public,
it only took nine years. 
Holy shit I went to prom nine years ago. 
Why does it look like I just came out of a bottle?
As in a genie in a bottle.
I wish I could travel back in time and insist I wear an actual dress 
rather than this bizarre bikini-top & sarong ensemble.
I would probably like to take my 15 year old arms with me to the future though.
The dangly belly button ring however can remain in 2003.


Anyway,
the blogger people have spoken (or haven't)
and I'm just not ready for my own Link Up.
It's fine, totally understandable.
Maybe I'll give it another shot when I get to 20,000 followers.

Other than that,
today has been another dreary day in Chicago.


So Harlow and I spent the day inside getting some work done,
doing some writing,
cleaning,
and lounging just a bit...
Until the rain finally eased up and we were able to head outside for some fresh air.

I snapped this shot while we were on our walk, 
and thanks to Instagram 
I think it looks pretty good.
And you know what they say,
April showers bring May beer gardens.
It needs to warm up here like ASAP so I can start getting some use out of the wonderful little patio we are about to inherit in two weeks here when we finally move.

Excited tomorrow is May Day.
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this faux holiday.
But who wouldn't love a holiday that involves dropping baskets of candy on your neighbor's porch and then running away hoping you don't get kissed.
Or maybe that's just how we celebrated May Day in the town I grew up in.
Because as I rewrite it now it sounds pretty damn creepy.
I'm starting to wonder if my Nebraska neighbors weren't all just a bunch of pedophiles...

Regardless,
I'll be participating in the fun of May Day tomorrow.
I've got an interview in the morning,
and then I'll be delivering May baskets full of popcorn and peanuts and M&Ms 
all afternoon to neighbors I don't know.
Should be fun. 






Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter