The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013- Part II

Last night I took another swing at stand-up at The Laugh Factory. And I'm just obsessed, I can't think of a better feeling than being on stage telling jokes to a bunch of strangers. Although Chris threw me for a loop shortly before I went on last night when he suddenly showed up with a bunch of friends. It's one thing to try to make strangers laugh, it's a completely other thing to tell jokes to people you actually know. It's kinda terrifying. However it was incredibly nice of all of those guys to come and I am so glad they did.

But speaking of telling jokes to people you know... I decided last week that when I'm back in Nebraska for the holidays I'm going to do my set at a comedy bar in Omaha... I may have rushed into this without giving it enough thought because the closer I get to December 22nd, the more I'm starting to realize what's going to happen. I am potentially going to do my longest set ever in front of a room of people who all know me... Again, this really scares me. So I'm going to stop talking about it for now and move on to something else. Like part two of my 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013 list.


#6. Katniss Everdeen. 
If ever there was a girl who used the "area code" rule to her advantage, it's Katniss. And we have to love her for it. I know it's easy to want to hate her, I mean the girl literally has the best of both worlds in the palm of her hands with Peeta and Gale both begging for her love, but as strong women we have to embrace it. It's girl power at its finest! Like I always say, don't hate the playa, hate the game. Playas gon play, gamers gon game. I don't even know what that means actually.


And we can take bets on how long it will be before Katniss's wrap scarf is all over Pinterest? Or has it already began?

#7. People Who Put Stick Figure Stickers On Their Cars. 
What is more fascinating that someone who wants the entire world to know what kind of hobbies their kids like? Well I just can't think of anything. I think it should be a law that everybody should have to put a short bio on the back windshield of their car. It gives the person following too closely something to think about, you know?


The Russells. How cute are they? Scruffy has a little bone in his mouth and it looks like Susie the youngest is a sassy little thing. Julie the middle child does good at school and doesn't seem to resent her parents for the fact they never pinned back those elephant ears of hers, they make her more of an individual she says. Karen the oldest child like to shop, or she likes to brown bag it, I'm not quite sure. And then we've got Mr. and Mrs. Russell. It looks like Mrs. Russell is expecting, is that what I'm seeing? Or is she just proud of her extra large ovaries I wonder? Well that's just adorable. And I got all of this just from looking at their back window.

#8. Girls Who Rock The Half-Buzz.
This hairstyle is just about as fascinating as it gets. And I say more power to you if you're one of the gals who rocks it. I haven't changed my style in roughly thirteen years now, but when I do, it's going to be this. With my cone-head shaped face I think I could totally pull it off.


#9. Walter White. 
The chemistry teacher turned meth cook. I'm late to the Breaking Bad game, but better late than never. In the past two weeks Chris and I have watched almost three seasons. And the thing that interests me the most about Mr. White is the fact that even after he's made millions of dollars, he still wears this awful brown jacket.


#10. People Who Pretend Kale Chips Are Chips. 
Because there just not. I really do admire those of you who like to think they are, but I'd also like to tell you that you clearly haven't been eating the correct chips in life up until this point. I think it's cool that kale has had such a breakout year in 2013 and I do enjoy a plate of cooked kale covered in anything that no longer makes it taste like kale, but let's not pretend its something it isn't. This is just kale with a bit of a disguise, it's still not a chip.


This is a chip.


And if you're sitting there thinking, who made you the boss of chips? Well I've been waiting to say this since 1997, but Frito-Lay actually did. I literally have a certificate that says "Chip Boss" after I won a Dorito eating contest at my local grocery store when I was ten-years-old. Nbd.

And that completes my list of the 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013. What a year! I can only imagine what 2014 will bring.

 photo signature-23.png

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter