First Comes Love

Introducing Callie from First Comes Love.



1. Tell us about yourself in one sentence.

Daily Tay fanatic. Oh something you don’t already know? Well then. Let’s go with candid twenty-six year old Wisconsin native getting hitched in October who has the cutest golden retriever and happens to be a software analyst by day.

2. You recently said you've become "re-obsessed" with blogging again, 
any specific thing that caused this?

It is true. Blogging, I just can’t quit you. I started blogging in March 2012. And since then I have been a bit on and off. You know what got me started? Love stories. I just couldn't stop. I was newly in love and was itching to find someone to relate to that had fallen hard fast, just like me and Dave. One thing leads to another and there I was starting my own blog. Then life got busy (when isn’t it), we moved in together, we got engaged, I got a new job, he got a new job, we moved back to my hometown and wham. Blogging had fallen by the wayside. But I really missed it. So now here I am back at it for the “right reasons” (Bachelorette fans??)

3. I've noticed it seems like you make really great connections with bloggers, how are you able to do this and what do you like most about meeting new "blog friends?"

In high school I was voted ‘most talkative’ and ‘best smile’ so I’m destined to make fast friends right? Riiiiiight. Maybe it’s just persistence? I’m not totally sure. But I do know if you are blogging and aren’t into making buds then you are in the wrong place. What I’ve found is if you act like your in-real-life self and are truly sincere they will come. Find the ones you would actually want to down a 12-pack of Bud Light Lime-a-ritas with. Then you’ve found your winners.

4. You mentioned a few times that your fiancé through online dating, care to elaborate?

This is a topic I plan to get into more on the blog very soon but I mention it here in our love story briefly. After about a year of online dating and 30ish suitors Dave came along. I had moved to a new city and thought ‘Hey! I know no one, so what have I got to lose’. I never actually thought I would meet “the one” online, I just thought it was a way to get back into the dating game
(which I had been absent from between ages 14 and 23). Just as I was getting kinda bored
(for the fourth time) and had decided I was going to take a break ….. BAM. Enter Dave who had just joined the site a week before and I was the first girl he had ever messaged. Lucky him!


5. So when is the big day?

We’re tying the knot on October 5th of this year! We picked October because we wanted to get married outside and don’t want to sweat. Pretty solid reasoning if I do say so myself. I’ve talked about what kind of bride I am and gave a peek of our save the dates. Now that the countdown is into the double digits I will be sharing much more so put your seatbelts on because clearly I have no clue what I’m doing. Here’s to hoping the next three months are as smooth sailing as the first nine!


Photobucket

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter